You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Is this Legal?

Author (Read 3283 times)

Re: Is this Legal?
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 10:55:02 AM »

m654321

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member, 'Advocate' & Donator
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium [email protected] (2cores) on an Asus X71Q

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel GM45 Express Chipset

• Kernel: 4.x
Cheers guys  ;)
Mike
64bit OS (32-bit on Samsung netbook) installed in Legacy mode on MBR-formatted SSDs (except pi which uses a micro SDHC card):
2017 - Raspberry pi 3B (4cores) ~ [email protected] - LibreElec, used for upgrading our Samsung TV (excellent for the task)  
2012 - Lenovo G580 2689 (2cores; 4threads] ~ [email protected] - LL3.8/Win8.1 dual-boot (LL working smoothly)
2011 - Samsung NP-N145 Plus (1core; 2threads) ~ Intel Atom [email protected] - LL 3.8 32-bit (64-bit too 'laggy')
2008 - Asus X71Q (2cores) ~ Intel [email protected] - LL4.6/Win8.1 dual-boot, LL works fine with kernel 4.15
2007 - Dell Latitude D630 (2cores) ~ Intel [email protected] - LL4.6, works well with kernel 4.4; 4.15 doesn't work

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 10:22:04 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Kick a % to the devs maybe. Like Jerry said he repairs computers for a living, so do I for that matter. I don't think the devs at LL are anarchists, but then again it might be good idea to cut them in just in case. Don't want them sending hordes of outlanders to burn your trailer in the middle of the night. My own anarchistic tendencies lean toward the creedo that you should be able to do whatever you want if you're over 65 as a reward for being a good citizen all those years and paying into a pension or SS with real uninflated $$ and getting back 10 cents on the dollar. Be a grey panther bro, and God bless.

TC

What he said :)

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 09:55:22 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Kick a % to the devs maybe. Like Jerry said he repairs computers for a living, so do I for that matter. I don't think the devs at LL are anarchists, but then again it might be good idea to cut them in just in case. Don't want them sending hordes of outlanders to burn your trailer in the middle of the night. My own anarchistic tendencies lean toward the creedo that you should be able to do whatever you want if you're over 65 as a reward for being a good citizen all those years and paying into a pension or SS with real uninflated $$ and getting back 10 cents on the dollar. Be a grey panther bro, and God bless.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Is this Legal?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 05:24:10 AM »

m654321

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member, 'Advocate' & Donator
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium [email protected] (2cores) on an Asus X71Q

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel GM45 Express Chipset

• Kernel: 4.x
Being recently retired, my pension is a bit short for paying the bills...  :'(

I thought maybe I could capitalise on the knowledge I've gained about Linux, over the last 3 years, and earn myself a bob/buck or two.
I'm no expert, but in general I now appear to be able to convert a range of different PCs from Windows to Linux (old and modern) relatively easily.

What I wanted to know was whether it's legal to use Linux's open-source materials (e.g. the Linux Lite logo) on business cards or adverts for my
own meagre profit?

Many thanks in advance for your replies
Mike
64bit OS (32-bit on Samsung netbook) installed in Legacy mode on MBR-formatted SSDs (except pi which uses a micro SDHC card):
2017 - Raspberry pi 3B (4cores) ~ [email protected] - LibreElec, used for upgrading our Samsung TV (excellent for the task)  
2012 - Lenovo G580 2689 (2cores; 4threads] ~ [email protected] - LL3.8/Win8.1 dual-boot (LL working smoothly)
2011 - Samsung NP-N145 Plus (1core; 2threads) ~ Intel Atom [email protected] - LL 3.8 32-bit (64-bit too 'laggy')
2008 - Asus X71Q (2cores) ~ Intel [email protected] - LL4.6/Win8.1 dual-boot, LL works fine with kernel 4.15
2007 - Dell Latitude D630 (2cores) ~ Intel [email protected] - LL4.6, works well with kernel 4.4; 4.15 doesn't work

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section