You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Using network-manager-gnome to bridge eth0 and wlan0

Author (Read 20527 times)

Using network-manager-gnome to bridge eth0 and wlan0
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 07:54:14 PM »

wnl

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Atom CPU Z520 @ 1.33 GHz

• MEMORY: 1Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel GMA 500
I installed Linux Lite on my ASUS Eee PC1201-HAB Netbook specifically because it seemed to have a version of network-manager-gnome which allows one to add a WiFi entry to the Bridge slave list. When running Windows XP on this same computer, I am able to "bridge" the Ethernet and WiFi connections so as to allow the machine to bridge two segments in my LAN, namely between this machine and the router downstream of it (or daisy chained to it).

I have been able to set up the Bridge, and have played around with every configuration gadget I could find. Basically, the Bridge never activates. (Actually, at one time I had all three devices showing in the "Connection Information" tabs. But eth0 shows up as the default and seems to be where packets get sent unless it is disabled.)

So my question is very simple: When one has a Bridge configured, how is it made to activate, i.e. what triggers it to go configure the eth0 and wlan0 interfaces, try to connect, and login to the WiFi and begin working?

Thanks for any and all help you can offer.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section