You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Sees wireless network, but doesn't recognize password

Author (Read 1704 times)

Re: Sees wireless network, but doesn't recognize password
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 11:25:58 PM »

ohjrson

• I know enough to get into trouble
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Quad core

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: internal

• Kernel: 6.x
Hmm nope have not seen this happening.... I have used LL when on trips before and have had no issue so, it could be a password error or even a security error. It all depends on what they are using to secure their network. i.e. WEP WAP Passphrase...etc. When you get the password from say a hotel desk, ask them what security they are using and ask them to show you the password. This way you can write it down and if it still does not work then it could be something else. Try and take a live cd/usb stick with you on your next trip, see if you can connect using 1.08 then if no connect try the live cd/usb stick. You should be able to connect easily. If it won't connect then come back and post the results here. The more information the better. Would definitely need to know your computer and wifi setup. We can help you better knowing that information.

Good luck
LL 6.6 Dell Power Edge T310 Quad core 32g
LL 6.6 Acer E5-722-49HD A4-7210 Quad core
LL 6.6 Acer AX3812-E9502 intel Quad core
LL 6.2 Dell Optiplex 755 intel Core 2 duo
LL 3.8 Acer Aspire 3000 AMD processor
Simple, Fast, Efficient, Free, and Beats Windows all to hell.

Sees wireless network, but doesn't recognize password
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 11:51:27 AM »

ultrastevep

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
This happens to me at all hotels and now at a place I am staying at that has wireless. I have been using LL1.08 for about 8 months and at home my wireless authentication password was initially recognized and then always automatically connected, but nowhere else can I get a connection. it'll see the networks, but the passwords are never recognized and I have to always switch back to W7 to connect.
Anyone else see this issue?

Thanks....am planning on loading LL2.0 as soon as we move into our new home and I have time.
Steve

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section