Libreoffice

Author (Read 1101 times)

Libreoffice
« on: November 13, 2020, 06:19:00 AM »

acrome77

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member

• Linux Lite: 5.2 64bit
I managed to download and install libreoffice but having a dickens of a time with the data base i keep getting this message:
The connection to the data source" New database could not be established
The connection to the external data source could not be established.No SDBC driver was found for the URL'sdbc:embedded:hsqldb'./build/-libreoffice-JOLMwH/libreoffice-7.0.3/connectivity/source/commontools/-dbexceptions.cxx:399

I have no idea what this means and it happens when I try to create a new database with wizard or other assistance

Does any one know what the hell is going on ? I can use all the other programs this only happens with base !!

Re: Libreoffice
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 12:20:29 PM »

Moltke

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member

• Linux Lite: 5.0 64bit

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x
I managed to download and install libreoffice but having a dickens of a time with the data base i keep getting this message:
The connection to the data source" New database could not be established
The connection to the external data source could not be established.No SDBC driver was found for the URL'sdbc:embedded:hsqldb'./build/-libreoffice-JOLMwH/libreoffice-7.0.3/connectivity/source/commontools/-dbexceptions.cxx:399

I have no idea what this means and it happens when I try to create a new database with wizard or other assistance

Does any one know what the hell is going on ? I can use all the other programs this only happens with base !!

You need to install a java environment. I was having a similar issue and installing openjdk-14-jre solved it.
Open a terminal and type
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install openjdk-14-jre hit enter, type in your password when asked, hit enter again and wait for the process to finish. Try Libreoffice base again and hopefully it should work. Its only a 36kb pkg.

Hope this helps! :)
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)

Tags:

Download Linux Lite 5.2 today - See Release Announcements