You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Trouble installing LL 6.6 on 64 bit laptop

Author (Read 3797 times)

Re: Trouble installing LL 6.6 on 64 bit laptop
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 07:53:13 AM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Does it boot if you set it to UEFI Native ?
clueless

Trouble installing LL 6.6 on 64 bit laptop
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 06:13:25 AM »

JanetBiggar

• PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • iizidima
So I recall experiencing this same issue when I started using LL 5.0. On some laptops all went fine and others the OS installed, but then after turning it off or rebooting I would get the screen saying “Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system on your hard drive. Hard disc - 30F”

I KNOW the OS IS on the HD and the HD is working fine. When I go to re-install it asks if I want to install it beside LL 6.6 which is already on the HD or erase and install LL 6.6.

With this particular laptop (HP Elitebook RAM 16 GB) I believe I may have had similar issues loading LL 5.0 a couple years ago and I can’t recall if I installed the OS on a different laptop then stuck it into this one or if I managed to get it loaded and working…anyway I didn’t make notes at the time!

I believe it may have something to do with UEFI and settings, but not being very computer literate I’m unsure of the exact steps (truly spelled out precisely!) for loading LL 6.6 on a 64 bit UEFI laptop. My ISO USB of LL 6.6 is working (have successfully loaded the OS on two other laptops) and unless I’m wrong I believe there is only one LL 6.6 OS that is UEFI and Legacy compatible
 - correct me if I’m wrong and direct me to where I get the UEFI one.
I am familiar with needing to disable secure boot and fast boot and I also enable legacy boot mode.

I also feel the issue in my post about two laptops reverting to the “Boot Device not found…” screen after sitting unused for a period of time MAY be related and NOT a CMOS battery issue.

I have taken screen shots of what the BIOS looks like on this particular HP laptop and what I have chosen in case that may be helpful in sorting me out…

In the meantime I may see if a working LL 6.6 HD in another laptop will work in this one or if I’ll get the same message…

Here are my screen shots on imgur:
https://imgur.com/a/qkylQHE
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 04:03:46 AM by JanetBiggar »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section