You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Can't install Linux Lite 4.8?

Author (Read 5455 times)

Re: Can't install Linux Lite 4.8?
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 09:28:14 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
LL should run better on this particular hardware than gnome 3.3, however 3G is pretty much the minimum RAM these days for 64bit systems.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 01:56:46 AM »

themojahid

• Front End Web Developer
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz × 2

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel® G33

Can i install my pc Linux Lite OS 4.8
My pc Configure
Memory: 3GB
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz × 2
Graphice: Intel® G33
Disk: 240.1 GB

and i'm using Manjaro Linux 64-bit Gnome Version: 3.36.0 when i play video local or youtube video my pc hangs

so can i use smoothly linux lite os

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 08:48:58 AM »

colin

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hi trinidad

I have always upgraded Linux Lite via a DVD, and never had a problem until today. So i followed your suggestion and located the Lite-Upgrade tool from the main menu entered my password and after a very short while the machine is now running Linux Lite 4.8.

Very big thank you trinidad for the help.
Old and getting even older lol

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 08:09:18 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

If you're already running 4.4 without problems why reinstall from a live cd? Follow the update/upgrade path within the series. Read the release notes for the series and update/upgrade to 4.8 from 4.4.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Can't install Linux Lite 4.8?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 08:01:04 AM »

colin

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I am running Linux Lite 4.4 64bit and would really like to install Linux Lite 4.8. But for some reason when i run the Live CD the machine comes to a halt and just won't budge?

I did try and run the live cd in 'safe mode' and all it did was display an awful lot of errors accompanied by a warning Kernel panic and then stopped as before.

Is it time i started looking for a new desktop pc to replace the old machine i am currently using?
The old machine runs Linux Lite 4.4 without any problems so it would be a shame to get rid of it.

Any help and/or advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks all

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 09:17:24 AM by colin »
Old and getting even older lol

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section