Customization > Wallpapers

Art

(1/4) > >>

anon222:

--- Quote from: LL-user on April 10, 2015, 01:22:15 AM ---Thanks, Misko, for sharing this! :)

It's very refreshing and says lots about the outstanding community here that there is room and appreciation for someone sharing something personal like this.

--- End quote ---
Yes, indeed. It's a great community.

--- Quote from: N4RPS on April 10, 2015, 04:48:22 AM ---Hello!

--- Quote from: misko_2083 on April 10, 2015, 01:09:42 AM ---No need to apologize. I think that the only way to get to know a culture is to travel. Whatever you hear on the TV, from another person  or read on the internet is someone else's story.

--- End quote ---

Exactly. Two years in (West) Germany - and a couple of vacation trips to Russia - were both quite eye-opening experiences for me. My Russia experience was what drove me to be a partner in the founding of our charity...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

--- End quote ---
Yes, you have to have a fist hand experiance to really understand. You are realy a generous person and many should look up to you.
Unfortunately, super rich actors, sportsmen and singers are idols in this world. In the news and newspapers you see only stories like what did Madonna had for breakfast and what Justin Bieber did the other day. Either that or about violence. I guess if you promote violence through the movies and news you put fear into people, and fear can be powerfull tool to manipulate people.
It's good to see that there are people like you. Brings back the fate in humanity.

N4RPS:
Hello!

--- Quote from: misko_2083 on April 10, 2015, 01:09:42 AM ---No need to apologize. I think that the only way to get to know a culture is to travel. Whatever you hear on the TV, from another person  or read on the internet is someone else's story.

--- End quote ---

Exactly. Two years in (West) Germany - and a couple of vacation trips to Russia - were both quite eye-opening experiences for me. My Russia experience was what drove me to be a partner in the founding of our charity...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

LL-user:
Thanks, Misko, for sharing this! :)

It's very refreshing and says lots about the outstanding community here that there is room and appreciation for someone sharing something personal like this.

anon222:

--- Quote from: N4RPS on April 05, 2015, 03:09:50 AM ---Hello!

Brings back memories for me. Remember when ASCII art was EVERYWHERE?

Back in my USAF days (the 80s), the different DOD communications centers used to send out some pretty neat stuff to each other at Christmastime - snowflakes, wreaths, and the like - all in ASCII characters. One even sent out Santa's sled and all eight reindeer harnessed together! We hung it across the wall at the shop.

Then one year, someone had to drive to a distant remote facility on Christmas Day, to retrieve what was later discovered to be a Christmas message. The stink that was raised about it all pretty much killed the concept from then on...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

--- End quote ---
Good old days. In the 80s I was just a kid. :)
I've sent an ASCII art message when I was in first year of college. The message was sent to all the computers. Whenever a message showed you had to click on OK and then it would show up again. It was kind of a loop and  no one could use any PC that was connected. :D
It was a vulnerability issue. Anyway I got away with the warning...
I feel sorry for the fellow going on a Christmas day in a remote location. It could have been just a text message saying: Merry Christmas. He would still have to go and read it. :)

--- Quote from: Hans on April 05, 2015, 05:29:50 AM ---Amazing sculptures by your brother, Misko!!! beautiful work and art...

Your town looks very nice too!! :)

Cheers!!

--- End quote ---
Thanks mate. I will take more photos of the town when the weather improves a bit.

--- Quote from: N4RPS on April 07, 2015, 07:33:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: misko_2083 on January 07, 2015, 07:33:03 AM ---I agree with you. Thanks for the compliment. :) I don’t mind you calling me Croat… Serbs and Croats, it’s almost the same.
For someone abroad is very difficult to distinguish between our people, borders, who we are and what we are.

--- End quote ---
Hello!

Nonetheless, Misko, I apologize.

As I work more and more to expand our charitable organization from Russia into Ukraine, and parts of Eastern Europe, I work towards a better understanding of the many cultural differences - to increase my value to the charity...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

--- End quote ---
No need to apologize. I think that the only way to get to know a culture is to travel. Whatever you hear on the TV, from another person  or read on the internet is someone else's story.

N4RPS:

--- Quote from: misko_2083 on January 07, 2015, 07:33:03 AM ---I agree with you. Thanks for the compliment. :) I don’t mind you calling me Croat… Serbs and Croats, it’s almost the same.
For someone abroad is very difficult to distinguish between our people, borders, who we are and what we are.

--- End quote ---

Hello!

Nonetheless, Misko, I apologize.

As I work more and more to expand our charitable organization from Russia into Ukraine, and parts of Eastern Europe, I work towards a better understanding of the many cultural differences - to increase my value to the charity...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version