You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Video is unresponsive once startup is complete

Author (Read 8534 times)

Video is unresponsive once startup is complete
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 05:07:36 PM »

AgentKerbal

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel 5200U

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: GTX 950M
Hello there. I added a file to my X11 config so it would minimize screen tear on intel graphics. I went away for a few hours then came back to boot up the system. Everything went fine, up until the very last moment when I heard the oh-so pleasant sound of the Linux Lite startup but without any indication I had made it to my desktop. In fact, I was still stuck on the "ASUS" loading screen (normally my computer does "ASUS", *standard LL loading* and finally "ASUS" again before showing the desktop; in this case i'm stuck on the very last "ASUS" screen).

So I removed the added file with a live session, no changes. I played around with the recovery mode, and reinstalled my nvidia drivers (btw they're not the open source ones).

TL;DR - My system loads until the very last moment when video freezes but I can still hear the startup sound. Tried messing around with recovery and drivers, nada. Any help is appreciated :D

And for the curious ones this was the file I added and then removed to my /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel-graphics.conf
Code: [Select]
Section "Module"
   Load "dri3"
EndSection

Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Intel Graphics"
   Driver      "intel"

# Required by Google Earth, other modern GL apps:
   Option      "DRI"   "3"

# Fixes screen tearing:
   Option      "TripleBuffer" "true"
   Option      "TearFree"     "true"
EndSection

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section