You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Nvidia 367.57 does not work correctly SETI

Author (Read 4378 times)

Re: Nvidia 367.57 does not work correctly SETI
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 09:44:06 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Have you posted on the Boinc forums about this? I doubt there is anyone here who has experience with this software, but I could be wrong. Cheers.
https://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_index.php

Re: Nvidia 367.57 does not work correctly SETI
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:15:06 AM »

Ottawagrant

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Duo Core 2 E8400 @ 3.00GHz

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mesa DRI Intel Q45/Q43
Here's a funny story that's not really funny. When Windows 10 came out people that had computers, Acer in particular, found that Windows 10 wouldn't run on their computers. No compatible driver. complaining to nVidia they were told that their computers were 'old' & they should buy a new computer. Sure makes me want to buy a computer that uses proprietary drivers. (as in not!) I have always found Linux to be a problem with nVidia drivers. It's strange, it varies from distro to distro. In some the nouveau driver will work, in some you have to use the nVidia legacy driver. No idea why.

Nvidia 367.57 does not work correctly SETI
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:26:11 AM »

seasoned_geek

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: atom

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: n/a
Over the weekend I got a notice from SETI that I needed to update to the latest Nvidia driver in order to keep processing work units. Dutifully I applied all updates, rebooted, then applied the new driver and rebooted. I had been running 340.101 per the "Drivers" utility. Now I leave at night and when I get back to the computers in the morning my video display will not restore. I can log in and when the session tries to restore itself it hangs not recognizing keyboard and one can only move the mouse, clicks go unrecognized.

This happens on 2 machines, a 6-core AMD and a 4-core I7. Both have the same Geoforce 630 card.

Interestingly, I have a dual core AMD which is currently running Linux Mint with the same video card running the same video driver also running Boinc and subscribed to the same projects. The video on it never locks up. This appears to be specific to Linux-Lite.

I cannot enter a bug report because the bug reporting interface seems broken.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:48:24 PM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section