You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

No position option for dual monitors

Author (Read 3440 times)

Re: No position option for dual monitors
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 03:53:43 PM »

mdodds

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: i3-3220

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel
Thanks, but I already did that as explained above. If you look at the screencap in the help file you will see 2 boxes on the right that are
labeled "Position" (right under the Mirror displays tickbox). However, when I go there on my machine I don't have those 2 boxes. Mine goes straight from Mirror displays to Resolution.....hence my problem :)

Re: No position option for dual monitors
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 02:21:46 PM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
When in doubt, reference the Help Manual.  Menu > Favorites > Help Manual.  Click on the Hardware link in the left pane.  Then choose "Dual Monitor Setup Instructions."
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

No position option for dual monitors
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 11:10:00 AM »

mdodds

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: i3-3220

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel
Hi,
I have about 6 machines running Linux Lite 3.0, all running perfectly, so I decided last night to change my "main" desktop over, since I had upgraded the Kubuntu install on it to 16.04 and I didn't like the latest KDE  ;D
This computer is a dual monitor setup with Intel onboard video, 1 18"VGA on the left, 1 HDMI 19" on the right.
What I want to achieve is the monitor on the right to be primary with the start menu etc. on it and extend the desktop to the left, so that a window opened on the right monitor can be dragged to the left onto the left monitor. Right now, the left monitor has the start menu etc. on it and it refuses to move. I noticed in the dual monitor section of the manual, there is a "position" option in the screenshot. However, my display option doesn't have that, it has a drag and drop positioning tool and a tick box for Primary display instead.
I have the monitors correctly positioned (19" on the right, 18" on the left) but for some reason checking and unchecking the Primary display and applying has no affect on either monitor. The main screen stays stuck on the left. It worked in KDE, so I know it's possible, I feel like I'm just not seeing something.

TIA,
Mike

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section