Hardware - Support > Video Cards

Graphical tearing upon install

(1/2) > >>

Berrycloth:
THAT FIXED IT! thank you so much   :bow

Jerry:
After installing LL, are you setting the res. on the laptop to a viewable setting and disabling the other monitor from turning on?

Berrycloth:

--- Quote from: Jerry on July 05, 2021, 03:33:18 PM ---Do you have a spare monitor you can plug into the laptop at boot up? If so, you can use the good resolution on the monitor to set a usable resolution on the laptop.

--- End quote ---

The joke is, upon plugging in the laptop to the screen. Both screens are absolutely fine! There aren't any drivers to install, but the screen immediately goes back to before when restarted.

I've tried messing around with resolutions to no avail. I don't know what about screen mirroring is changing this.

TheDead:
  I don't know it you have access to the boot parameters (avanced menu or edit) it in boot menu but found this :

Re: Linux Kernel 5.0 and 5.2 screen corruption and tearing
Using the kernel boot param "iommu=soft" fixes both screen corruption issue and suspend/resume.From here :https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/linux-kernel-5-2-screen-corruption-and-tearing/m-p/412713#M132497

Jerry:
Do you have a spare monitor you can plug into the laptop at boot up? If so, you can use the good resolution on the monitor to set a usable resolution on the laptop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version