You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Saved "X" Preferences

Author (Read 2812 times)

Re: Saved "X" Preferences
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 09:36:52 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Simply put, certain asynchronous video graphics functions cannot operate in ext2. Your settings (which can be saved to the OS within the OS) will load after login when ext4fs is available to use. Windows is no different, using FAT with a log.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Saved "X" Preferences
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 08:47:09 AM »

patarok

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Core 2 x86_64

• MEMORY: 1Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ATI Radeon 9600
So, are we at a point now, where the system is able to save settings you made to the graphical setup? Or is it still, that i will have to readjust/reset my dual-monitor set-up after every boot, so i can use the monitors part-part and not mirrored.
The menubar settings also dont get saved... (i always set it to DVI-0 but it gets back to auto which puts it on VGA-0 which is mirrored to DVI-0 after boot)

No, i will not write weird settings texts into some file by myself, nope. That is not why computers have been invented. sry. The system has to save settings the user makes. period.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:58:10 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section