Hardware - Support > Video Cards

[SOLVED] Nvidia Geforce 8400GS Rev.3 - Driver

(1/8) > >>

N4RPS:
Hello!

I didn't take into account that some of these newer video cards are now so powerful, and have so much onboard RAM, that the PCIe bus itself is inadequate to completely power them!

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

ChrisL:

--- Quote from: N4RPS on December 09, 2014, 12:43:37 AM ---Hello!

I'm interested in this, also, as every video card I've ever installed was powered by the AGP/PCI/PCIe bus on the motherboard...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

--- End quote ---

N4RPS - not sure what you are asking or interested in.  If it's the auxiliary power (or whatever they call it) there are some PCIe cards that require an additional 6 pin power plug connection.  This is the spec sheet for mine: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-9600-gt/specifications

If you look down near the bottom on the specs it shows "supplemental pwer connection: 6 pin"

Many of the power supplies have this coming right off the supply, otherwise there are adapters to get the power elsewhere.  I have heard that some people have run this card (GeForce 9600 GT without a supplement connection plugged in and everything seemed to work but performance was not great. Not sure if this was your question?

N4RPS:
Hello!

I'm interested in this, also, as every video card I've ever installed was powered by the AGP/PCI/PCIe bus on the motherboard...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

bitsnpcs:

--- Quote from: misko_2083 on December 01, 2014, 11:07:11 AM ---Bitsnpcs said it's a PCI Graphics card. Not PCI express.
I doubt the card do much with 266Mbits per second.

--- End quote ---
You are correct misko it is PCI Graphics card. Not PCI express.
It can play video with QMPlay2 ;)

anon222:
No big deal Cris :)
I wish his PC suports PCIe or AGP cards. He (probably) wouldn't have this kind of issues.
At the end, he can play videos with QMPlay2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version