You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Screen running and flickering

Author (Read 7595 times)

Re: Screen running and flickering
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 01:21:04 AM »

hb

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: i5-5200

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: intel 5500
I found the problem was with video card. I have Intel 5500 IGU + GeForce 820M. I installed bumblebee + nvidia346 driver from the repository and now there is no problem of any kind. I am even able to put the laptop on sleep and lock screen and everything else. Earlier sound also used to get stuck for 4-5 secs but now it's gone too.

Screen running and flickering
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 01:05:36 AM »

hb

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: i5-5200

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: intel 5500
Hi,
I have some hardware related problem, I would appreciate if you could somehow help.
I am using LINUX LITE 2.4 on HP laptop. My problem is that whenever the screen is locked and some time passes (say 20 minutes), the screen light turns off, after this if I try to awake the machine the display starts running here and there, and the corners of the display start appearing at the center, and if I click or do some other activity it runs again, but some how I manage to login and then only when the running applications are closed I am able to see the desktop or the problem goes away. The OS is by default using Intel 5500 graphics card. Please tell what is the problem and what should I do. Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:18:12 PM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section