(1/3) > >>

firenice03:
Corrected (removed) formatting on Reply 9

Good to hear resolved!!

Jerry:
Lite Tweaks, Package System Repair.

stevef:
I hope it is all sorted out.

Some links I've read suggest that "Error while refreshing cache, pk-client-error-quark: could not do untrusted question as no klass support (8)" may be related to the initial problem of the repository being incomplete as they reference mirror sync problems and missing keys on servers - I don't fully understand the mechanism but it seems to be a rare event.

If I read your post right you switched the Ubuntu repository and then while updating you had a power cut, but the PC booted ok afterwards.  That bit of good luck with the power cut more than balances the bad luck you had with the update in the first place.  A power cut could have left you with damaged hardware and/or corrupt data.  Especially vulnerable during an update/upgrade process.

Daveyboy:
Just my luck after typing War & Peace I hit post rather than preview and now see that I lost 98% of my post  :(  Doh.

Suffice to say that thanks to SteveF it would appear that my problem has been resolved so many thanks to Steve and everyone else that tried to help me with this issue, it is very much appreciated

Daveyboy:
Firenice03 - Many thanks for your input but it looks like the problem has been resolved - please see below

Steve F

I followed all of you instructions to the letter however, after "Close the window, accepting the refresh confirmation" I received the following GREYED OUT warning message

"Error while refreshing cache, pk-client-error-quark: could not do untrusted question as no klass support ( 8) "  CANCEL

so I closed the window and proceeded to sudu apt clean as instructed and then tried running updates again which appeared to be processing HOWEVER, after a couple of minutes I lost all power for a couple of seconds (don't you just hate it when that happens) and feared the worst. Upon restarting the PC the install updates was greyed out on the taskbar so I tried running it from menu instead only to be advised "Your system is up to date - BINGO, problem seems to be fully resolved.

Many thanks to yourself and everyone else that tried to assist me in resolving this problem, it is very much appreciated

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version