Software - Support > Updates

Install Updates Error

<< < (2/2)

Şerban S.:

--- Quote from: BibleGeezer on May 30, 2022, 04:54:32 AM ---E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is held by process 3781 (apt-get)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?

--- End quote ---
Hi! :)
The message explains exactely what went wrong:
Either you were using GDebi to install something BEFORE triggering the Update sequence, OR,
You were using Synaptic Package Manager, OR,
You were using apt-get itself, for whatever installation of something.
Since the update process IS EXCLUSIVE (as explained in the post before).
Now, each time you trigger the "Update Software" process, remember to check if any instance of the processes listed above is ACTIVE, and if so, CANCEL the Update and finish the job at hand. After that, you can use the Update sequence.
Although I am using Linux on a daily basis for more than 10 years, it sometimes happens to me :( (with Synaptic PM) so "I've been there", as we say...
I recognized the error message.

I hope you'll get to the end of the Update with this! :)
IF this solves the issue, please, remember to mark the thread as SOLVED :)
All the best! ;)

stevef:
Updating requires exclusive use of some resources and this message indicates the update process cannot get the resources at this time.

Maybe a scheduled task is running in the background in which case simply waiting and trying again should work or there may be a package manager (like Synaptic)  open in which case the update can run after the package manager has been closed.

BibleGeezer:
===========================
Install Updates Error log
===========================
Install Updates could not successfully download and install available updates.
Go to https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/ and paste the log below into a new or existing thread for assistance.

============ Log ===========

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is held by process 3781 (apt-get)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version