You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

UEFI boot for Linux lite 5.0 RC1

Author (Read 30125 times)

Re: UEFI boot for Linux lite 5.0 RC1
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 09:30:30 AM »

colin.p

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core Duo

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: On board Intel GPU

• Kernel: 5.x
Sorry for replying to an old thread, but just to add if someone is looking to install LL on a ChromeOS machine, especially if Google has stopped updating it.  I installed LL 5.8 on an old Dell Chromebox that had Mr Chromebox's UEFI firmware installed, replacing GalliumOS now with LL 5.8. I changed out the original 16GB M.2 drive for a 128GB M.2 and installed LL 5.8 and everything is humming along quite nicely.

So for me and this old Dell, 5.8 works just fine with UEFI and switching out M.2 drives makes a sweet little HTPC/media client.

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 03:41:20 AM »

Şerban S.

• Şerban
  • PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Forum

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel® HD Graphics 4600 + NVidia GK107 (GeForce GT630 OEM)

Hello! :)

[...] OMG! It worked!
[...] Everything looks great and is working well. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, mark the thread as [SOLVED].
This helps people know what works.
Enter the original post, choose "Modify" and then from the upper left menu choose [SOLVED].

Best regards!
"It's easy to die for an idea. It's way harder TO LIVE for your idea!"
Current Machine:
 Dell Precision T1700, 16 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.
Laptop:
 ASUS X200MA , Intel® Celeron® N2830, 2 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 10:12:37 AM »

kat

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 800MHz cache size 256kb fpu (yes)

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA Corp. C67 Geforce 7150/nForce 630m
I downloaded the distro to my windows 10 machine and then used Universal USB Installer to put it on my usb. That worked when I put the Linux Lite 4.2 UEFI download on a usb. *BUT, I can download Linux-Lite 5.0 RC1 on my Chromebook that has Linux Lite and put it on a usb there. Do you think that would work better? I actually have used my Chromebook with Linux Lite, downloaded a Puppy Linux distro, and put it on a usb using commands in the terminal. Would that work or maybe use the "Disk" app to put it on a usb?

*UPDATE April 30th*

OMG! It worked! I downloaded the Linux-Lite 5.0 RC1 iso to my Chromebook that has Linux-Lite 4.8 and used this guy's instructions below, to put it on a usb via the terminal. I replaced my info for his in his example:
https://it.toolbox.com/blogs/jeffhoogland/howto-create-a-bootable-linux-media-using-the-dd-command-030915

The iso booted up nicely and I installed it over 4.8. It's beautiful! I downloaded Google Chrome from "Lite Software". It works beautiful. I went online and downloaded Minecraft. It downloaded nicely using GDEB. I'm pleased to see Gimp and VLC already installed. Everything looks great and is working well. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 02:22:07 PM by kat »

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 07:04:21 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

How did you burn the ISO to your USB, what software did you use?

UEFI boot for Linux lite 5.0 RC1
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 03:51:47 PM »

kat

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 800MHz cache size 256kb fpu (yes)

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA Corp. C67 Geforce 7150/nForce 630m
Hi,
I've been on here before requesting a UEFI boot for the new upcoming LTS 5.0 linux lite. You say the trial Linux lite 5.0 RC1 has a UEFI boot. I just downloaded it on a usb to try it out on my Acer Chromebook 15 CB5-571 that I had changed its bios firmware to clean install linux to. I have downloaded Linux Lite UEFI 4.2 and updated to 4.8 on my Chromebook. It is working well. I can't get this new trial Linux Lite 5.0 RC1 to boot. It just goes to "grub" screen saying something about tabbing to find commands. I can put the usb in another computer and see the files of the download. Is there something I'm supposed to do to make the UEFI boot work? Kind of a dummy here. Karen :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 09:40:22 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section