You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Mouse - Right Click Menu Options

Author (Read 4820 times)

Re: Mouse - Right Click Menu Options
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 02:44:56 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x
@Kevin Perez Did you find a solution yet? Well, I hope so. In any case, I use the LibreOffice's appimage version too, and that one adds the option to the right-click menu automatically. Check it out:

You can get it from here https://libreoffice.soluzioniopen.com/stable-2/ if you just want the English version, choose basic. If you need more language support, choose fresh-standard. You'll be downloading the latest stable version available; 7.1.0. Although in the pic shows 7.0.3 I'm currently using 7.1.0 which is the one you can see right below that one and works great. If you don't know how to use an appimage read here https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/other/libre-office/msg54234/#msg54234

Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 08:54:12 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 08:31:24 PM »

Kevin Perez

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Dear Greg,

I am sorry to say, this did not do the trick. Hopefully, one of the moderators will address this question, so I may finally just right click on a window and have a new word processor document appear.

Thank you for doing your best to help me out. My guess is that the steps you mentioned will expedite things when we see the full picture.

-Kevin

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 09:24:56 PM »

Greg

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: -Processors- Package Information Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz 0 0:0 2499.00 MHz

• VIDEO CARD: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350/8350 Series] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

I think you may have to select the condition under which the option will appear.
After you press + and enter the option go to the second tab "appearance conditions" and check appropriate options.
And that's about the limit of my knowledge, I hope it helps.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 08:04:48 PM »

Kevin Perez

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Hi Kevin,
Thunar File Manager -> Edit -> Configure Custom Actions,
Should get you where you want to go. You can pretty much configure anything to appear under different conditions.

I think I have done what you said, yet now I am still unable to right click the documents window to create a new Word Processor document. Here are my steps:
1. Open Documents
2. Click "Edit" in the top of the window.
3. Click on "Configure Actions".
4. Press the "+" button on the right.
5. Name = "Word Processor".
6. Description = "Create a new word processor document."
7. Command = "libreoffice --writer %U"

My goal is to right click anywhere, to see the "Word Processor" menu option. Yet right now, it still does not appear. What step did I miss?

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 12:30:06 AM »

Greg

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: -Processors- Package Information Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz 0 0:0 2499.00 MHz

• VIDEO CARD: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350/8350 Series] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Hi Kevin,
Thunar File Manager -> Edit -> Configure Custom Actions,
Should get you where you want to go. You can pretty much configure anything to appear under different conditions.

Mouse - Right Click Menu Options
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 07:28:38 PM »

Kevin Perez

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone,

I tried searching for this on the forums, but I suck at searching for pretty much anything. If this question is in another topic, please include a link to the topic, so I may read your answer there. Otherwise, I look forward to reading your responses on this topic.

I will admit there are things I miss about Windows XP and 7. On either of them, I would double click "My Documents". Then a window would appear, which shows me the contents of "My Documents". Eventually, I would navigate to a particular folder. Back then, I would right click as I viewed the contents of the folder, and it would give me several options. Thanks to having Microsoft Office installed on that computer, I would have the option to create a new Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and perhaps more types of documents. I would love to duplicate this behavior on Linux Lite. However, it would not be Microsoft Office documents, but instead Linux Lite's equivalent office software. On this computer, if I were looking at folder xyz, in a window, then I would be able to right click with the mouse, and be able to create a Word Processor document in the folder where I right clicked. Here are the steps in order and the desired goal:
1. Open "Documents".
2. Navigate to Dir XYZ.
3. Right click inside window showing me Dir XYZ.
4. See several options in right click menu.
5. Click on Word Processor menu option.
6.Goal: New Word Processor Document appears in Dir XYZ.

Please note, I said Dir XYZ, because I don't want to tell you the folders I have created on my computer. I hope this nomenclature works well for the both of us.

How would I go about getting Linux Lite to know what I wish to see in the mouse - right click menu?

If this is answered in another topic, please include a link to that topic so I may finally read the answer there. If this is the case, then I am sorry that I suck at searching for preexisting topics.  Whether another topic provides the tutorial I now seek or not, I very much look forward to learning how to accomplish the goal mentioned in this topic.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section