You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

I don't have swap partition? [SOLVED]

Author (Read 11132 times)

Re: I don't have swap partition? [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 10:09:44 PM »

roycordero

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• Kernel: 6.x
I think I already fixed it, it's that I don't have a partition because it uses a swapfile daaa sorry I'm stupid in linux but I already increased it to 6gb thanks san youtube

I don't have swap partition? [SOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 09:21:50 PM »

roycordero

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• Kernel: 6.x
hi pals, I have been using a virtualized linux lite in proxmox for a few months and it's going well... well, I only have 12gb of ram, I have other virtual machines so I only get 3gb of ram for linux lite but it's going well... I think increase it in a short time.

Well I write because I have installed my thunderbird in linux lite and I have seen that the ram memory has increased as it is obvious and just out of curiosity I opened gparted and I have realized that I do not have swap partition

However, in the system monitor it shows that I have 900mb for swap... I am not an expert in linux but I guess that the swap is good or at least that is what I have always read and in fact I wanted to increase it from 900mb to at least 6gb because I have read that it is good a swap twice the ram.

But now that I see the gparted and I see that there is no swap partition, I don't know what to do or how to increase it...

please can you help me
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 10:10:42 PM by roycordero »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section