You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

MD5 Checksum for Windows..??..

Author (Read 6607 times)

MD5 Checksum for Windows..??..
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 02:55:46 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

• Kernel: 5.x
I still roam in Windows now and again....
On occasion after downloading a file, I have to find my notes to verify a checksum... I thought how many Windows refugees are here and are wanting to confirm they have downloaded a valid or complete LL ISO file semi-easily or without installing another application in order to do so...

The below requires Powershell to be installed; which is by default in Win7 and up; Vista may but I haven't tested...

The below code will check your hash - you need both the file and the hash..

Code: [Select]
if ( $($(CertUtil -hashfile C:PATH_to_FILE\File_name.iso MD5)[1] -replace " ","") -eq "PASTE_HASH_between_quotes" ) { echo "ok" }
Change the path to match the path of the downloaded file on your system
Paste the hash from the hash file into between the quotes.. Do not delete the quotes

Launch PowerShell then copy and paste your code into PowerShell hit enter..
Wait a few seconds if it checks out "OK" will be displayed. If prompt is returned (no ok)
 - confirm correct path to file (may want to omit spaces --i.e. C:\file.iso vs C:\docs and files\file.iso)
 - check that you have entered the hash correctly (if manually entered) or download the file again...

I found this code a while back (good ole google) and of the times I've used it, its has worked each time...
 ;D
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section