General > Suggestions and Feedback

Suggestions for Linux Lite 5.6 (starting from an unfair German review)

(1/3) > >>

Moltke:

--- Quote from: Jerry on June 01, 2021, 03:40:02 AM ---
--- Quote from: Moltke on May 31, 2021, 04:42:17 PM ---
(although the live update widget kind of almost ruins it because sometimes it slows down things a bit and people are like "it's kind of slow, ins't it?" is there a way to disable that before getting to the desktop? When booting from a Live USB, I mean)

--- End quote ---

There is NO live widget when you boot from a live USB, it is disabled by default. You must have a foreign ISO image.

--- End quote ---

Ok, maybe it's not a widget, it was just poor wording, my bad. I meant the "auto-update search process", which starts as soon as a network connection is detected, and which shows the update notification applet in the panel notifying about new updates. Is there a way to disable that before getting to the desktop  when booting from a  Live USB? 

Jerry:

--- Quote from: Moltke on May 31, 2021, 04:42:17 PM ---
(although the live update widget kind of almost ruins it because sometimes it slows down things a bit and people are like "it's kind of slow, ins't it?" is there a way to disable that before getting to the desktop? When booting from a Live USB, I mean)

--- End quote ---

There is NO live widget when you boot from a live USB, it is disabled by default. You must have a foreign ISO image.

Moltke:

--- Quote from: Jerry on May 31, 2021, 04:07:12 PM ---Got this in just this morning, timing couldn't be better lol from a "Veteran IT user. Been using Linux for a long time now."

--- End quote ---

I'm always talking and trying to convert people to Linux, and I show them a few distros either by using one of my VMs or going to their houses with a USB prepared for the task. Linux Lite is usually the first, depending on the person, and it's always liked :) (although the live update widget kind of almost ruins it because sometimes it slows down things a bit and people are like "it's kind of slow, ins't it?" is there a way to disable that before getting to the desktop? When booting from a Live USB, I mean)

EDIT: We need an "agree" or "like" for those more used to social media lexicon button here.  :55:

Jerry:
Got this in just this morning, timing couldn't be better lol from a "Veteran IT user. Been using Linux for a long time now."

trinidad:
Perhaps a somewhat remarkable example of a rather unremarkable probably even unfortunate person's attempt at satire. One can definitely sense the need for deep therapy, or at the least a cry for help in this encounter. In a literary sense it's difficult to believe that English is his first language, which would allow me to forgive the lack of vocabulary and logical construction in his discourse, but there is too much post-structuralist patois and logic in his feigned personal method of attack. Sadly he is a dilettante resorting to circularity when cornered. He suffers from a "craving to be famous" and "a horror of being known to like being known".

https://ludditus.com/2021/05/26/how-the-internet-age-bent-some-peoples-minds/
Including his own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

The clearest critic of his ramblings and rants is his own self-immolating opinion. It maybe that the person has become the avatar in this case, while the original self struggles through the wasteland that such a vanity created.

TC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version