You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Some comments after installing LL 4.2

Author (Read 2356 times)

Some comments after installing LL 4.2
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 02:12:58 PM »

Sprintrdriver

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite on Dell Lattude D620
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 T5500

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS 943/940GML Express
I will write this now while I still remember about the installation process of the new version of LL. Most of those is probably very similar of other Ubuntu based distros.

[feature request] Keyboard settings in Live-cd mode is forgotten after installation
Since most of the computer I touches is equipped with Norwegian layout, I change the layout any time when I start any live-cd.
After install is finished, the keyboard layout is reverted back to default. It's not a problem, but I may have to create a second user to be able to name a new (if single) user to a fresh install - practically impossible* to specify Øyvind, Åge, etc as name of a single user.
Therefore it would be a very nice touch if the installation would be able to remember the keyboard layout from live-cd during install.

[feature request] Lite User Manager - cannot add users with encrypted home directory
I have just learned how to encrypt an users home directory. Maybe it's a bad idea to make it very easy (because some users may not backup their data), but my opinion is that it would be a good idea to be able to create a new user with Lite User Manager, and at the same time specify that user should have it's home directory encrypted.

[annoying behavior] Terminal - copy text from terminal also copy some non-printable characters.
example:
gjest  ~  lsblk

Except from that - LL seems very mature - have had friends over that have asked me how I made "windows" look that nice  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:14:35 PM by Sprintrdriver »
I won't let an old, but fully functional computer die just because some company tell me that they won't make no more security updates to their OS. Thanks Linux :)

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section