General > Suggestions and Feedback

Need Suggestions for the Help Manual

<< < (14/14)

bitsnpcs:
Dictionary of terminology used in the manual, that new users will not be familiar with.

anon222:

--- Quote from: Scott(0) on January 06, 2015, 07:04:23 PM ---A "Quick Start" index (like some technical books have at the beginning of a book) to help beginners get off to a quick start by listing a short index of the most commonly asked questions.

--- End quote ---
I like this idea on Commonly asked questions.
As for the first page I think few lines of icons would be better for navigation in the manual.

altman:
I would think of Files Permissions as some new to Linux have & Root Password , but it s not recommended to new people to Linux .

Not much could be done , I guess it s pretty good as itl is right now .

But ideas will come by as time goes by .

Scott:
A "Quick Start" index (like some technical books have at the beginning of a book) to help beginners get off to a quick start by listing a short index of the most commonly asked questions.

gold_finger:
Hi Everyone,

We're looking for ways to improve the Help Manual and would really appreciate your input.  Consider this a kind of free-for-all general brainstorming session.  At this point, any ideas that you think will make the manual better/(more useful) are welcome.  Only real caveat is for you to try limiting suggestions to things that would likely benefit a fair number of people.  (In other words, try to steer clear of topics that would only be of interest to 1 in 100 people.)

Any particular topics that you wish were in the manual but are not right now?

Anything in it already that you think could use further/better explanation?

If you think back to when you first started using Linux (any distro), what are some of the things that were most confusing and that you wish you had good information on from the beginning?

If you have used the help manual to try finding an answer to something, was it easy to find what you were looking for?  Or was it a bit confusing figuring out exactly where to look?

Any suggestions for improving the overall layout of the manual, possibly making it easier to find what you are looking for when using it?

Once we've got a good amount of feedback, we'll go from there and possibly put up a poll for you cast votes for the suggestions you think are most important to start with adding to the manual.

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version