You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

LL4 a decent release

Author (Read 4850 times)

Re: LL4 a decent release
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 01:34:54 PM »

Nyto

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i7-9700T

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel UHD Graphics 630

• Kernel: 4.x
Have been using LL since v1 and this release is quick, Win 7 or 10 on !5 Dell E4310 which I have 7 of arte both woeful, have only had the machine thrash once with LL4 where both 7 and 10 thrash for extended periods on a regular basis and leave the system un-usable, I'd hope one day that TV card support grows and I could dump Media Centre for Kodi, which was not good on Win10 forcing me back out and re-image 7 on my Media Machine

Dookus you seem pretty out of options for someone as expert as to put in his profile: "CPU: Many, VIDEO CARD: Many", and who was running "Linux Lite: 3.0 64bit" but just now jumped to Ver.4.0 and finds it "a decent release". Beware: Windows (no matter what version) needs heavy tweaking before it works acceptably, so you will end up coming back to L.L.

Napsix65: Xubuntu WAS the distro to get, BEFORE L.L. existed, so I'd say actually THIS IS the future. And just as Ottawagrant declares: "Don't be surprised if at some point you return to Linux Lite. Happens a lot."  ...I can vouch for that, it happened to me, ...a lot of times.
I sometimes go distro-hopping based on "popularity" in DistroWatch, I do that just to see where we're at in terms of real distro improvement. ...but I always, ALWAYS, come back to LinuxLite.

My point is:  If you're using L.L. you could try and pinpoint opportunities for improvement, OK, but at least try and show some loyalty, some respect to the creator(s). If you don't like it, then just leave, nobody wants to read your whining just before you're gone.

My personal opinion.
Peace.
Pathological tweaker.

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 03:25:36 PM »

Jocklad

• Banned
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 8Gb
The truth ... I do not see any future in this distro. I have returned to Xubuntu  :o

Everyone is entitled to there opinion.

Linux Lite has been my daily driver for well over three years and will remain so.

But I also enjoy Debian and Arch Linux .

Hope you find a Distro that suits you.  :)

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 12:56:54 PM »

elelme

• Forum Regular
  • Deleted
    • View Profile

• Kernel: 5.x
Ottawagrant, I was composing a similar reply when yours posted.
Thanks for putting it so much better than I was attempting!

Best of luck to you, napsix65.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 12:51:27 PM »

Ottawagrant

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Duo Core 2 E8400 @ 3.00GHz

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mesa DRI Intel Q45/Q43
And before someone jumps all over you for your post. There's nothing wrong with what you said. That's the thing about Linux. With Windows you get the 'one size fits all'. With Linux, there are hundreds of different Distro's. Jerry Bezencon has a specific vision for Linux Lite. It is to be a comfortable alternative to Windows for novice to basic Linux users. But also a nice distro for more advanced Linux users. But if it doesn't fit your need, there are always other distro's to try. Don't be surprised if at some point you return to Linux Lite. Happens a lot.

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 12:24:30 PM »

napsix65

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
The truth ... I do not see any future in this distro. I have returned to Xubuntu  :o

LL4 a decent release
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 09:32:22 PM »

Dookus

• Registered Linux User 533331
  • Forum Regular
  • I'm just this guy .... y'know?!
    • View Profile

• CPU: Many

• VIDEO CARD: Many
Have been using LL since v1 and this release is quick, Win 7 or 10 on !5 Dell E4310 which I have 7 of arte both woeful, have only had the machine thrash once with LL4 where both 7 and 10 thrash for extended periods on a regular basis and leave the system un-usable, I'd hope one day that TV card support grows and I could dump Media Centre for Kodi, which was not good on Win10 forcing me back out and re-image 7 on my Media Machine
I'm just this guy ... Y'know!?
Registered Linux User 533331

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section