You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Public channel for LL updates

Author (Read 11321 times)

Re: Public channel for LL updates
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 05:45:34 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Hello, there is no need to register for updates via Social Media. All of our announcements are publicly available, without registration on the Forums, Twitter, Facebook etc. Anything we do announce regarding updates, usually gets covered by the Press too so you will never miss out on important information.

Public channel for LL updates
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 11:15:15 AM »

arliccio

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hi there ! First of all, I am not a english-speaker, then sorry for any language mistake.

Yesterday the Elon Musk's Twitter blocked the visit WITHOUT register of profiles and posts from the site  through the official channel (twitter.com) or third-party apps and sites (like Twidere or Nitter, the front-end I use to bring the Twitter feeds to my RSS reader, Liferea, on my Linux device).

Once the Linux Lite only uses the Twitter to share software updates (until what I know rn), could the developers, or even the comunity of users, build up a public channel for LL updates ? It could be, for instance, whether a "blog" in this domain or a profile on Mastodon, some kind of place don't requires register to access it.

Thank you for the attention. I am loving the experience of use this little Linux buddy on my 10 y.o. laptop, but this gap on the communication is downing it. Bye for now !

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section