You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Linux Lite is much better than free!

Author (Read 3789 times)

Re: Linux Lite is much better than free!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 01:08:14 PM »

sbcwinn

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 08:27:59 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
...what is the name of your company, is there a website? Thanks.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 08:27:09 AM »

sbcwinn

I published my story so that you COULD use it. I am proud to have switched to Linux and want to share that experience with others. I will also gladly answer any and all questions that members, or others may have.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 02:32:23 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Thank you for sharing that with us sbcwinn, this is why I am in linux, to show people there are alternatives out there. I'm thinking of doing a 'Linux Lite in Business' page soon, would you mind if I added your story, if so, what is the name of your company, is there a website? Thanks.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »

justme2

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5 vPro

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel
Sounds like a donation is due!  ;)
1) Lenovo T520 i5 LL3.8 8GB ram, fast & stable
2) Medion P4 32bit LL3.8 1GB ram, quite fast & stable
3) eeePC 901 32bit LL3.8 1GB ram, fast & stable
4) eeePC 701 32bit LL3.8 1GB ram, slower & stable but small and light enough to travel with me to New Zealand when visiting family in Blenheim.

Linux Lite is much better than free!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 08:39:30 AM »

sbcwinn

I wanted to share my Linux Lite story with the rest of you.

I own a software application company. We program in C# and Silverlite and use both Azure and .Net environments. Last year we started hosting Azure on Ubuntu as an experiment. It worked out great. So I decided to put about a dozen machines on Linux for the employees who had non-technical jobs. I searched for a distro to use..... (Lots of protests though from the intended users.....)

I evaluated many distros but I found Linux Lite to be pretty intuitive and very flexible. So under lots of protests from my staff, I switched everyone to Lite. (I also faced a ton of hardware upgrades that Lite saved me from. I needed a lite weight Linux that was user friendly yet pretty complete....)

We started with version 1.8 and have now migrated to 2.0. It has been a year or so since the migration.

Of the 12 machines we migrated to Lite none of them have required much in the way of support. In fact, our real cost of support on a Windows PC is about $6,700 (CDN$) annually. With Linux Lite? About $1,200 annually.

And what about the users who protested so hard in the beginning? Eight of them are now running some version of Linux at home. (The other 4 have Macs....)

I am still a Linux Newbie in many ways. All of my machines were legacy machines. Happily I will not have to upgrade them for quite a while. To my staff, I am a genius. (Which by the way.... I am LOL!)

So Valtam I just wanted to say "thanks". I hope that by sharing my story, other people will become inspired to try the same thing.

As for that company from Redman? They are stunned.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:45:16 AM by sbcwinn »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section