You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Display Settings

Author (Read 3262 times)

Re: Display Settings
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 05:18:39 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
It's win<->win Colin :)

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 05:16:15 PM »

Colin23erk

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 256mb
That's OK

I realize that you have to manage your time . At least you listen and give feedback so I feel happy that my ideas are worth passing on for possible use .

I like the philosophy of Lite to be a system for the average non-tech user . My aim is to help you achieve that by giving you the views of self educated computer user .   The better it works out of the box the more converts you will get .

Viva the Revolution
I Learn something new Every Day !
An "example" is worth a 1000 words

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 04:43:34 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
It's certainly possible to modify the XFCE All Settings window, add new icons, categories. It would be a lot of work though, unfortunately we don't have the manpower at the moment to make it happen. In fact, we have something even better under development, can't giveaway to much at the moment because it is something completely new to linux as a concept. If someone wants to learn Python, we can finish it off and release it to everyone :)

Display Settings
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 06:06:11 AM »

Colin23erk

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 256mb
The "All Settings " window is a step in the right direction but I feel the DISPLAY settings could be improved and simplified for the occasional user to understand and is pointed in the right direction

Could  all the settings  needed to control what happens on the screen  be brought under one  common integrated  "Display "  Settings option  so there is no need to search in Power setting  (not an obvious place) / Screensaver settings / Desktop settings / Display settings . for settings which may conflict with each other . A screen brightness control could also be added .

Colin
I Learn something new Every Day !
An "example" is worth a 1000 words

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section