You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Congratulations on such an amazing Distro

Author (Read 5250 times)

Re: Congratulations on such an amazing Distro
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 10:49:36 PM »

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello!

Welcome to Linux Lite, and to its community.

'Rolling releases' are for people who don't mind constantly having to change things, or who like creating systems in virtual machines. Staying with the LTS builds makes one's Linux computing experience more enjoyable AND far less frustrating...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

Re: Congratulations on such an amazing Distro
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 10:20:12 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Thanks Mike, glad to hear we nailed it for you :)

Congratulations on such an amazing Distro
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 03:33:30 PM »

mike_tr

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Pentium D 2.8 Dual Core

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVidia 210

• Kernel: 5.x
Hi, I am a long-time Windows user and have been really impressed with Linux Lite. I have tried a couple of live DVD's of other distros for short periods of time, and can only blame myself for not making more effort to understand Linux. The problem I had in the past was getting basic programs to work after updating. A week later after a "rolling release" update some key programs no longer worked (Browser for example). Other distros had problems finding my sound or wifi (which I understand because of so many different pieces of hardware) and after a couple of days of trying to compile with a command line a working driver (I think thats correct, its been a while), and the distro giving me really small partitions for some reason and telling me it wasn't happy about that, I gave up.

Linux Lite led me by the hand, and installed perfectly. I love the lite software installer, because last time it was a Synaptic Package Manager I think which was a bit much for a newbie, and found it quite confusing when all I wanted was a browser, Skype, Audacity, a photo viewer and VLC. Even my friends I showed this distro to said " Hey! even I can understand this" and are now trying Linux Lite. This really bridges the gap for Windows users who want to try Linux, but don't have enough time for the learning curve needed to get started.

Congratulations on such a great distro, in my opinion if any version of Linux is going to move users away from Windows, it will be this one.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section