You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Back to the NumLock Issue

Author (Read 12447 times)

Re: Back to the NumLock Issue
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 07:08:30 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Fair enough. I'll add this info to the Help Manual > Start > Keyboard Function section in the future.

Re: Back to the NumLock Issue
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 12:15:55 AM »

bernard stafford

• KoFi Supporter
  • Occasional Poster
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Could the number lock be on in your bios settings for the start-up settings? Their is a setting in the Bios for number lock off or on. f12
launchpad.net <- 
debian.org <-
GitHub.com <-
kde.org <-
I stay busy with LINUX,
Together we are LINUX...!

Back to the NumLock Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 08:06:35 PM »

v-grimalkin

• Borderline Technophobe
  • New to Forums
  • Happy 4.4 User
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Atom N570

• MEMORY: 1Gb
Today I started over with a fresh installation of Linux Lite and discovered I could not resolve the NumLock problem I experienced first time around.  I did the Lite Tweek several times, even resorting to "enabling" just to see if that would work after yet another restart.  Nope.

What I found was under the keyboard category; the very first check marked item says "Restore NumLock at start up".  Well, blimey! I unchecked that one and also marked my keyboard as an Acer Laptop, and  ;D the restart actually did eliminate the stinkin' NumLock setting.  I don't know if this info is included in the Manual, but it really should be prominently displayed somewhere for new users.

Thanks, and I'm hoping I don't junk up my system this time around.  Love LL and this great forum.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section