You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

2.0 Beta Lookin' Good

Author (Read 2766 times)

Re: 2.0 Beta Lookin' Good
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 09:46:32 PM »

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Still no boot up on my old non-pae laptop (Pentium M) so will have to pass on that one until I replace the CPU.

Hello!

Not necessarily. SOME Pentium-Ms support PAE, but don't send the necessary flag for the newer Linux kernels to detect it. I can't check the LL LiveCD right at the moment, but you MAY be able to boot the LiveCD - and install LL - using the forcepae option. I'll give it a shot, and get back to you...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

Re: 2.0 Beta Lookin' Good
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 05:08:13 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
How do you get so many good things packed into 699 MB??  Mystery of the ages.   Cactusneedle in Arizona, USA

It's the 11 herbs and spices! Welcome cactusneedle :)

2.0 Beta Lookin' Good
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 03:14:37 PM »

cactusneedle

Just downloaded and took a look at Lite 2.0 Beta and it looks and works faultlessly (and fast).  Glad to see it's based on 14.04 LTS "Trusty" so will be supported for quite a while.  I still have Lite 12.04 LTS on two desktops but when I find time to upgrade to this newer version I'll definitely do so.  Still no boot up on my old non-pae laptop (Pentium M) so will have to pass on that one until I replace the CPU.  How do you get so many good things packed into 699 MB??  Mystery of the ages.   Cactusneedle in Arizona, USA

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section