You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Add Guaydeque to Linux Lite

Author (Read 7384 times)

Re: Add Guaydeque to Linux Lite
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 09:30:32 PM »

Mike

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Guaydeque is ok, but I would much rather see Xnoise or even Exaile come with Linux Lite. Both are light on resources and easy to use.

Exaile is definitely not as light as Guayadeque.  :)
Python vs. C++

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 11:47:43 PM »

eightbit

Sorry to bump this up, but I think it is a pretty important topic. I have tried Exaile (used to use it years ago actually), Clementine, Tomahawk, and a slew of others. But I keep coming back to Guayadeque for a lot of reasons. It is very light yet has so much functionality. Radio, lyric, the excellent "smart play" feature, downloading of album covers *directly to your album folders* (I STILL cannot find another player that does this!). With LL 2.2 coming, I still want to urge people to investigate this player. It's not very hard to use, and once you know it I think you'll be really impressed.

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 03:44:04 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Looks like Xnoise dev has stopped - http://www.xnoise-media-player.com/ Exaile doesn't look to bad, I'll have to give that a run. Thanks tek10

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 03:32:13 PM »

tek10

• Occasional Poster
  • Patreon Supporter
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD A10-5800K

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Radeon HD7660D

Guaydeque is ok, but I would much rather see Xnoise or even Exaile come with Linux Lite. Both are light on resources and easy to use.

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 10:59:39 PM »

eightbit

I think you are right about Tomahawk being too basic. And, after using it from a while, I realized it has some issues with scraping songs from other free services. I dunno.

I still stick with Guaydeque for a few reasons. One is that it is light (like the rest of the system), it scans my 1000+ albums quickly, it saves album covers *directly* to the folder with the music (I have yet to find another player that does this), it has an eq, radio, lyrics, and the most excellent "Smart Play" feature. If you haven't used it, you'll miss it in other players when you do :)

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 07:12:31 PM »

Jim The Tyreman

Well, Tomahawk installed easy, first run my CPU went up to 95% for about 30 seconds then settled. CPU hovered around 15% while scanning my music collection, all 36362 files found! It even accuratley displayed my recently purcahsed CD's too.

Being from the Clementine stable, it seems a bit too basic, for instance I can't adjust EQ? The library "management" side of things seems a bit weak?

The Spotify intergartion works VERY well and is implemented VERY well in Tomahawk, better than in Clementine BUT Clementine for me handles "MY" collection better.

Eightbit, I did use Guaydeque for a few months in my early linux days, really liked the interface, BUT Clementine won me over with it's cross platform and Spotify.

If it were my choice, I'd go Clementine, it's more of a "manager" and CAN do Spotify (Premium) and is cross platform!

There you go, my 10p worth, sorry for the delay in coming back to you, family stuff has a habit of getting in the way!!

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »

eightbit

I've been messing with Spotify for the past two days and it is really cool. I just don't know if I am so much into it to spend $9.99 a month on a streaming music service :) I wish free accounts worked in Tomahawk. Who knows, I might just get the account anyway. Otherwise, Tomahawk seems to do an awesome job just being a music player. The only things I miss are the smart play feature in Guaydeque (if you have a large local collection this feature is awesome) and lyric viewing (unless I missed that?)

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 04:12:29 PM »

Jim The Tyreman

I have a premium Spotify account.

I'll give it ago tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 02:40:12 PM »

eightbit

I signed up and tried the free account with Tomahawk...no go. This resolver requires a paid subscription to spotify. Maybe when I get home later I'll try the trial and see how that works out. Spotify is pretty nice by the way. If it seemlessly works with Tomahawk it will be pretty awesome.

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 12:58:09 PM »

rokytnji

• Friganeer
  • Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo U9600

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 4
Sorry Valtam. No I do not.

To kinda be honest. I am busy learning the new Iphone the wife bought me over the weekend and have
to learn how to add ~/Music/misc,To Itunes which is still a learning process for me.
Spotify is new to me so I have to learn it also.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:00:23 PM by rokytnji »
LL 3.6,2.8
Dell XT2 > Touchscreen Laptop
Dell 755 > Desktop
Acer 150 > Desktop
I am who I am. Your approval is not needed.

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 09:13:22 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

installed the tomahawk  ppa and keyring because of this  thread.

Was surprised with the Spotify option on startup.

Do you have Spotify, and if so, how well does it work within Tomahawk? This could kill 2 birds with one stone as elsewhere there has been a suggestion to add Spotify to Install Additional Software.

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 09:11:07 AM »

rokytnji

• Friganeer
  • Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo U9600

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 4
installed the tomahawk  ppa and keyring because of this  thread.

Was surprised with the Spotify option on startup.
LL 3.6,2.8
Dell XT2 > Touchscreen Laptop
Dell 755 > Desktop
Acer 150 > Desktop
I am who I am. Your approval is not needed.

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 08:02:03 PM »

eightbit

That does look good! I will check it out shortly, thanks!

Tried it and I think you have hit on a winner here. This player is indeed awesome. I still have to set up the resolvers and see what it is made of in terms of playing other content, but it seems to do quite nicely with my 14,000 local music files :) It is really simple as well. I don't think you'll be able to find lighter and easier to use than this :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:28:34 PM by eightbit »

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 05:20:59 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

I just found this and had a play with it and it is AWESOME. http://www.tomahawk-player.org/index.html

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 02:09:40 AM »

eightbit

Thank you for your response. :) I think it is easy enough to use. I personally think it is a perfect fit for its "lite-ness". I am actually amazed at the functionality built into it with how small the package is. I would also love to hear other suggestions to fill this music manager void. I think I have tried them all, but you never know :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 02:26:42 AM by eightbit »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section