You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

A thought

Author (Read 4544 times)

Re: A thought
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 09:41:50 AM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
I understand now, thank you for explaining  :)

Re: A thought
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 01:30:06 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
There are linux distributions out there that cater to the educational sector. Linux Lite's focus is very clear and we can't really waver from that focus. Think of it like Apple suddenly offering courses on how to repair your car, sure they can do it to help people and even possibly make money out of it, but they would never consider doing it, there are already businesses that offer this service and it has nothing to do with Apples core focus. Thank you for the suggestion :)

A thought
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 10:18:44 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello,
I notice in Linux Format about the new National Curriculum that has begun this year, this week in fact, for 5-16yo in the UK.
During their schooling this new generation will now be using Linux, Scratch, Python, Raspberry Pi, Arduino and more.

So my thought is for some of the software they may use most often in the new curriculum to be considered for adding to a future release of the add software.

There may be a wave of people looking to revive that xp computer with LL and have a machine they can use to continue work on projects at home.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section