You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Automatic suspend asks for authentcation

Author (Read 8696 times)

Re: Automatic suspend asks for authentcation
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 04:50:49 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x
I've shipped it to the end user now, it seemed to be the parameter that controlled if it blanked the screen that caused it to try to authenticate.  Setting it to "never" made it work ok, any other time caused it to try to authenticate.

Glad you solve it. :)
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 02:25:16 AM »

brianread

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hi @brianread

I've now done a new install and out of the box the auto suspend works fine, however once you set the slider "blank after" on the "Display" tab of the Xfce Power manager setting pane, then the authentication comes up when the suspend is requested after the idle timeout.
  That's weird. Maybe you should try a different set up? Instead of 30 minutes try 20 and see how that goes.  I've never had problems with that but mine is set up to at 5 minutes of no activity. Tell me your power management configuration so I try here and see what happens.

I've shipped it to the end user now, it seemed to be the parameter that controlled if it blanked the screen that caused it to try to authenticate.  Setting it to "never" made it work ok, any other time caused it to try to authenticate.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 04:32:14 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hi @brianread

I tried to apply the fix in your link (creating a new file), however the file path did not make sense, perhaps something has changed in the interim?
  Well, they're  talking on Xubuntu so paths might be different.

I've now done a new install and out of the box the auto suspend works fine, however once you set the slider "blank after" on the "Display" tab of the Xfce Power manager setting pane, then the authentication comes up when the suspend is requested after the idle timeout.
  That's weird. Maybe you should try a different set up? Instead of 30 minutes try 20 and see how that goes.  I've never had problems with that but mine is set up to at 5 minutes of no activity. Tell me your power management configuration so I try here and see what happens.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 06:59:51 AM »

brianread

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 06:24:34 AM »

brianread

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

What I actually mean is that I want the system to be locked when it is woken up, which I thought is the point of that parameter

Does that message appears right before "sleep" or when waking the system up?  Maybe you're setting up power management wrongly?

While googling around I found this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1605189 which seems to be quite your issue.

i comes as it tries to sleep. I've tried gdm and xdm, and both of them sleep sucessfully without the authenticate request, but do not resume properly (which may be a seperate problem). If I suspend manually then the system does resume properly.

Actually I've destroyed my install as I  did an "apt-get remove xdm" and it now fails to boot either into the xsession or a terminal session. Am attempting to mend it as we speak using the live CD.

I tried to apply the fix in your link (creating a new file), however the file path did not make sense, perhaps something has changed in the interim?

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 03:15:33 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

What I actually mean is that I want the system to be locked when it is woken up, which I thought is the point of that parameter

Does that message appears right before "sleep" or when waking the system up?  Maybe you're setting up power management wrongly?

While googling around I found this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1605189 which seems to be quite your issue.

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 02:57:41 PM »

brianread

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hi @brianread

Looks like screen locker is activated. Check that out in XFCE Power Manager  and if so uncheck "Lock the screen when the system is going for sleep".

Hope this helps! :)

yes it is - I want the screen to be locked and then suspend subsequently.  However I can see that that might not make too much sense - so I'll try it.

What I actually mean is that I want the system to be locked when it is woken up, which I thought is the point of that parameter.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:01:07 PM by brianread »

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 02:04:06 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hi @brianread

Looks like screen locker is activated. Check that out in XFCE Power Manager  and if so uncheck "Lock the screen when the system is going for sleep".

Hope this helps! :)

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 09:35:00 AM »

brianread

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Automatic suspend asks for authentcation
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 06:27:55 AM »

brianread

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Newly install 3.6 64 bits

I set it to suspend after 30 minutes of no activity, but when it gets there it asks for authentication!

Cheers  Brian

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section