You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Unable to get to a GUI installer

Author (Read 2438 times)

Re: Unable to get to a GUI installer
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 02:00:28 PM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x
I have another question for OP. Was it working before in Windows or another OS?
If the same black screen happened there, you could have a defective graphics card.
Do you see the Yellow screen with the feather from booting from the Linux Lite DVD?

You could also try and connect a secondary monitor to the laptop as a third option.
Note That there is usually a key combination to switch screen output.

- TheDead
- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

Re: Unable to get to a GUI installer
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 12:28:32 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
You can still install from the dvd without the live system, but first a couple of quick questions.
1) Is this systemless UEFI hardware, or was there an OS (Windows 8 or 10) on the disk? Live environment may not run at all if it is Windows 8.1 without changing some things in the BIOS.
2) What is the hardware? Look in the BIOS for system and hardware info and for enable system installation.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Unable to get to a GUI installer
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 07:41:34 AM »

pompeyrodney

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Core Two Duo E7500

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
I have an old Novatech laptop that I intend installing LL 3.6 onto. The trouble is i can boot from the install medium ok, all appears to load ok, but I never get to a desktop. I have tried various operating systems to no avail. I have reset the Bios but don't know what else to try. Any ideas please?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section