You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Restarting from Suspend Problems

Author (Read 4515 times)

Re: Restarting from Suspend Problems
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 05:32:05 PM »

LL-user

• I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Update from my end:
I still didn't have time to perform proper trouble shooting as it seems to be a bit more complex.
A bit of improvement I have been able to achieve by killing light-locker. It's still possible to lock the screen. LL just reverts back to the good old xlock. However there are still some issues connecting to the network at times (WiFi, can't test wired at the moment). But nothing that can't be solved within the session, meaning there is no reboot necessary. The behaviour is still not consistent though, so trouble shooting will be more time consuming.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 02:35:48 PM »

technomancer

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • linux for life
    • View Profile
    • silver arroyo jewelry

• CPU: i7

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nvidia m860
Update: I have had no sucess getting my laptop lid to NOT go into sleep when closed.
This problem happens on 2 different units, one amd, other intel setups.
This must be a power management issue related to LL,
since I haven't had this issue on any other OS (ubuntu/xfce based)
Hope a solution comes along, just type in the search on the forum "lid close" and the
results are populated with several related issues.
No solution as of yet i can find.......

I am using a gateway NV53 and have issues with resume/suspend/hibernate.
When i open my lid it boots, but the screen stays black, close the lid and open again,
i get the login screen but after login it just has a black screen. I just boot/shutdown down now since
i dont really see the point in this since LL boots so fast anyways. Hardware has always been an issue
getting to work right when its proprietary, but not impossible. I will see what settings work for me and post here, if i manage to get it working.  ???
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:25:46 PM by technomancer »
Member www.eff.org
*Hardware hacks are my speciality.
"forum posts should be like a skirt- long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting"
--I am using/Running Linuxlite 2.8, Debian8 server, Ubuntu 14, Win7,Win10, MX15, LinuxMint kde.
--Xerox field service engineer, printer repairs,network analyst.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 02:14:53 PM »

LL-user

• I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Yep, also issues on my side on a DELL D630 that I used to suspend for easily two weeks in a row without reboot running Lubuntu 12.04.
Now on LL2.2 I experience the following:

* Unreliably establishing the WiFi connection, sometimes needs manual activation like OP.

* On wired network network is disabled after restarting from Suspend. In some cases only reboot solved the issue. The last time I had luck following the advice to kill the NetworkManager process. It got spawned again and the network connection established.

* Sometimes getting to the look screen takes very long. A few times I was not even able to get to a console and had to kill the session/shutdown the laptop.

Restarting from Suspend Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 01:03:17 PM »

pelouk

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Just wondering if anyone has encountered the same couple of issues that I have when restarting from Suspend mode,- viz

1. My mouse will not operate on right click unless I go into Settings->Mouse & Keyboard and pe-set to Default Settings.

2. Likewise after resuming from Suspend, I have to manually activate my  Wi-fi connection.

P.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 03:13:30 AM by Scott(0) »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section