You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Shutdown malfunction

Author (Read 2915 times)

Re: Shutdown malfunction
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 10:11:29 AM »

MS

• I come here a lot
    • View Profile

• Kernel: 4.x
Actually it was both rebooting and shutting down quite quickly last time I tried, while the issue I reported earlier, went way beyond ninety seconds of waiting, without result.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 05:35:32 AM »

Johan

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Radeon HD 5750
I don't think it has anything to do with malfunctioning. Ubuntu 18.04 has a standard startup and shutdown down of 90 seconds. That is way too long for a simple desktop. You can easily change that by follwing this instruction:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1787853

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 12:05:13 PM »

MS

• I come here a lot
    • View Profile

Shutdown and reboot work correctly now having reinstalled with the newest version of the distro [4.2], nonetheless I speculate this could have primarily been the fault of my removing some still required system components with one of the Lite Tweaks system clean functions.

Shutdown malfunction
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 02:07:50 PM »

MS

• I come here a lot
    • View Profile

Similarly to the case described in THIS thread, the shutdown sequence also appears to keep hanging on the last action, which in this case is the power-off function, I guess. Apart from that, it literally takes minutes to reach that, albeit I ordered the PC to shutdown with some processes keeping running. Despite that, come on. But y'know what I think, this is probably the case with just laptops perhaps.

EDIT:

Sorry for the screwed primary format, now edited.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 12:06:24 PM by MS »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section