You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

need help please, funny start up, DVD player pops out for no reason,

Author (Read 6502 times)

Re: need help please, funny start up, DVD player pops out for no reason,
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 10:07:36 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=213759

Reply #7
If you want to go through the effort.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 07:23:36 PM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 1.4 GHz

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: on board
You'll have to wait for a kernel update that fixes the bug, or if impatient, use Post #9 here - https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1725135#p1725135 but that will disable the eject button, so you'll have to use the right click to eject that drive. I would just wait for a fixed kernel.

i will wait for the Kernel update, i will only use that post if my dvd tray acts all nuts ha ha , thanks for replying. this helped.  :043:

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 03:20:47 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
You'll have to wait for a kernel update that fixes the bug, or if impatient, use Post #9 here - https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1725135#p1725135 but that will disable the eject button, so you'll have to use the right click to eject that drive. I would just wait for a fixed kernel.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 03:24:58 AM by Jerry »

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 11:37:09 PM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

:49:  Linux lite 4.8,

my Lenovo 64bit desktop PC is doing something funny when i start it up first thing in the morning.
it never did this before, started doing it after one of the updates between 9-1-21 and 9-9-21.
when my PC starts up my DVD player would pop out and then go back in, i made a video of it, but yet to upload it , ha ha .

what is causing this ?, it never did this ?. there is no disk in it .

help please.
thank you , hugs.

:wave ok, i have some more info, i hope it help you help me, today there was a linux lite 4.8 updates, the DVD tray still pops out and then goes back in, it does not do this when i do a restart, only when i first turn on the desktop PC.
i have made a new video showing this in action. its a bug on linux end not mine. its been so long since i last played on this , that how i know, its mainly my hubby's pc.
here is the link to the video .

it seems its a bug, a few people are having similar problems.
just read the comments. here is a link.
https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/ohtru6/desktop_dvd_tray_ejects_when_waking_from_suspend/
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=356654
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:39:06 PM by kissbaby3 »

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 11:27:00 PM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

my Lenovo 64bit desktop PC is doing something funny when i start it up first thing in the morning.
it never did this before, started doing it after one of the updates between 9-1-21 and 9-9-21.
when my PC starts up my DVD player would pop out and then go back in, i made a video of it, but yet to upload it , ha ha .

help please.
thank you , hugs.

:wave ok, i have some more info, i hope it help you help me, today there was a linux lite 4.8 updates, the DVD tray still pops out and then goes back in, it does not do this when i do a restart, only when i first turn on the desktop PC.
i have made a new video showing this in action. its a bug on linux end not mine. its been so long since i last played on this , that how i know, its mainly my hubby's pc.
here is the link to the video .

need help please, funny start up, DVD player pops out for no reason,
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 01:28:09 AM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

help please.
thank you , hugs.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section