Hardware - Support > Start up and Shutdown

Lite 3.8 Blank Screen After Opening Lid

<< < (3/3)

MattC:
Hi, Newbe, here.

Not strictly a startup question although it does have a connection.  I have posted this question on another site, but, although I received very good replies, I didn't get a working solution.  As this is a Lite specific forum, I'm hoping someone here will be able to further advise me.

I have Lite 3.8 installed on my old Samsung NP-N110 laptop and it seems to work fine.  When I close the lid and reopen after a time, it asks for a password.  This is fine - although I can't figure out how to stop this - but when I enter the password, the screen goes blank and remains blank.  I am unable to do anything with it except for hitting the power button to shut it off.  It seems to close down OK, as when I hit the power button it chugs for a while then shuts down.  Also, the numlock keeps turning on.

So if anyone has an answer to any of the following I'd be grateful:

1. How do I stop the p/w request from appearing when I've closed the lid for a time? (This is on mains as well as battery.)

2. What's happening and how do I prevent the blank screen after I've entered the p/w?

3. How do I get the numlock to stay off on boot up or at a p/w input?

Thank you.

FYI: the p/w request at startup is on, but the same problem with the p/w after opening lid happens even when this is off; the BIOS is set to numlock on.

Matt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version