You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Dual monitor setup problem

Author (Read 3272 times)

Re: Dual monitor setup problem
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 09:21:04 AM »

mandoran

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Yes... the timing isn't great for that as I'd like to transfer a lot of this config, and right now the LL PC is the only thing that communicates with my scanner, etc. I'm sure it would solve everything though, and maybe that's why it is quiet on this, it is the sensible solution, just not practical for me until I get a new machine in, up and running on 2.4 first.

I have a feeling this is a really simple problem, just a question of finding something obvious that needs to be shut off or tweaked, but I'm baffled, never had anything like it happen before.

Re: Dual monitor setup problem
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 07:46:09 AM »

Monkeyman

• Forum Regular
  • Jesus Freak
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Phenom II (old skool!)

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: GeForce 450
I don't know the answer to your question but I'd suggest upgrading to the latest version (2.4).  It might not help but it surely couldn't hurt.  I started out with 2.0 and happily upgraded to 2.2 and now 2.4 without any issues (other than those of my own doing).  If nothing else, a fresh copy of LL will fix the problem.

Dual monitor setup problem
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 05:58:02 PM »

mandoran

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Have just developed an odd problem on a laptop running Linux Lite 1.6. I have been using it as my main PC but want to demote it soon, so detached it from my external monitor. For some reason now, I cannot get a display on the PC screen - if I detach it, on startup it displays normally, but after login goes to a dark screen with an immobile cursor on the extreme left-hand side. This is as if it is still starting up thinking it is the right hand side display (which it was), despite being detached from the external monitor, and freezing since there is no main display. I have removed the two monitor setup from the startup routine (which uses ArandR), but this has had no effect on the PC. If I restart with the monitor attached, it runs as it always did, fine, despite the startup routine being removed. The session isn't saved, so it isn't that either.

Is there a simple way to remind my laptop that it is an individual again?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section