You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Microphone Base Silence?

Author (Read 5108 times)

Re: Microphone Base Silence?
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 02:20:02 PM »

Chev

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Just noticed you asked if they were jacks or USBs, they are 3.5mm jacks we're using.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 05:48:49 PM »

Chev

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Sorry about the delay, work made me forget about this. It's kind of like the site you linked to, but in the reverse. Volume goes up when it gets loud, which in turn makes it hard for people to understand what a person's saying, depending on the voice of the speaker.

We're only using Chromium with the mic, one machine uses Firefox or Chromium, depends on how much we're fighting with the worksite on just that one. They're work machines so nothing else save the games pack is installed. (And if something were to be installed we would actually be impressed about it.)

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 12:20:05 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 12:15:15 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
I couldn't find any information on this. Are your mic's stereo jack or USB input? What application (if any) are you using in conjunction with this?

Microphone Base Silence?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 09:55:35 PM »

Chev

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
So I'm running multiple machines with Linux Lite and all of them we're having issues getting the microphone base silence to remain static; if it gets too loud, it jumps up to try to compensate for it - this is incredibly counterproductive for what we're trying to do. The machines are all generally POS, but they work just well enough for what we want them to do.

We're running 3.2, but I'm not positive if it's Final or not. Does anyone know how to force the Silence base to remain where we want it?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section