You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Bluetooth IOgear with i-sound headset

Author (Read 5153 times)

Re: Bluetooth IOgear with i-sound headset
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 10:08:18 PM »

ihinkican

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: dell-e521

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: wha
update:
After installing 2.8 x64 and the process of the update then the bluetooth ritual a couple of times I have found the iogear usb adapter and Isound headset are working to my satisfaction. It appears to maintain the connection after a restart and cold boot, so far so good.

Thanks to responders

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 05:44:41 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

• Kernel: 5.x

my experiance was that 2,6 would not upgrade to 2.8  when clicking upgrade it said it would upgrade to 2.4 and thinking it was a typo I clicked anyway and it posted upgrade cancelled

my experiance with installing 2.8 was that after reboot the screen simply said no signal. thats it

after several attempts I was looking at the no signal.. thinking ..and bam the desktop loads...no splash..no code scrolling...wha

however due to bluetooth not working, blame the kernal to my understanding, giving 2.8 another go...same issue plus when attempting to update error cannot update package cache...is this normal?

Yes 2.6 can be upgraded to 2.8 - Any upgrade in the same series:
2.2 can go to 2.4 to 2.6 etc...
2.x cannot go to 3.0 this would be an install..

With that; 2.6 to 2.8 will not update the kernel... Either a clean install of 2.8 or upgrading kernel secondarily...
Also if you choose to 'upgrade' make use of Systemback - if 2.8 isn't suiting your needs, very easy to roll back to the restore point...

The unable to update the package, this could be due to "Google" ending chrome support for 32-bit Linux...
There are several threads how to correct this for 32 and 64-bit...

If its not google what is failing post which is...

using apt-get updates in the terminal will show all packages being loaded/updated...
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get update

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:46:16 PM by firenice03 »
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 04:50:36 PM »

Jocklad

• Banned
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 8Gb
[General]

Enable = Source,Sink,Headset,Gateway,Control,Media
Disable = Socket

HFP=false

[A2DP]
SBCSources=1
MPEG12Sources=0

Sorry just noticed this thread was marked Solved.

There is a space line from general to the next line enable on mine as above.Whether that will make any difference or not I dont know
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:18:04 PM by Jocklad »

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 04:24:27 PM »

ihinkican

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Yes I understand, it works for you, However let me make it clear

it does NOT work on 2.6..for me.. due to 3.10 kernal ?...one would have to install lite 2.8 or update the kernal

my experiance was that 2,6 would not upgrade to 2.8  when clicking upgrade it said it would upgrade to 2.4 and thinking it was a typo I clicked anyway and it posted upgrade cancelled

my experiance with installing 2.8 was that after reboot the screen simply said no signal. thats it

after several attempts I was looking at the no signal.. thinking ..and bam the desktop loads...no splash..no code scrolling...wha

however due to bluetooth not working, blame the kernal to my understanding, giving 2.8 another go...same issue plus when attempting to update error cannot update package cache...is this normal?

QUESTION=So why no signal? solution?  try open /etc/default/grub as root and remove "quiet splash" then sudo update-grub, reboot

Solution to update is to open the package manager and click reload. it will give error but list the problematic sources. click settings/repositories/other software scroll down and uncheck the problem sources then reload.
this should be successfull, then try favorites/update.

this should get you lite 2.8 with updates.. then

https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/network/(solved)-enabling-full-bluetooth-support-in-linux-lite/

now  go to file system /etc/bluetooth / audio.conf and edit (as root) as per link instruction and save

[general]
Disable=Socket

HFP=false

[A2DP]
SBCSources=1
MPEG12Sources=0

Proceed to open terminal and add ppa and update blueman,pavucontrol and pulseaudio-module-bluetooth

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cschramm/blueman

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install blueman pavucontrol pulseaudio-module-bluetooth -y

as the iogear is broadcom you will need fw-0a5c_21e8.hcd. the link in the instruction link was not working for me but i was able to google an alternative copy and installed to /lib/firmware

the link appears to work now...naturally

after reboot was able to pair and then audio sync

the isound headset is working with the iogear adapter

a tad frustrating but the tip on 3.10 kernal gave me hope..

now I have to rebuild the system and see if it happens twice and not to confident with the no signal boot and failing sources BUT

If that is any help to anyone else

cheers
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 08:46:12 AM by ihinkican »

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 02:41:27 PM »

Jocklad

• Banned
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 8Gb
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/network/(solved)-enabling-full-bluetooth-support-in-linux-lite/

I used the above link for bluetooth headphones only yesterday on LL 2.8.

It works perfectly.

Also used it a couple of weeks ago on Ubuntu 14.04, just had to change from leafpad to gedit.

It works.

Jocklad

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 12:17:52 PM »

ihinkican

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

So..you like skull candy..no linuxlite bluetooth..blame kernal...solved move along...got it  cheers

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 07:28:17 PM »

rokytnji

• Friganeer
  • Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo U9600

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 4
My thread to show 2016 relevance using Linux-Lite 2.8 up to date and running various kernels on different gear.

https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/network/skullcandy-soundmine-bluetooth-external-speaker/
LL 3.6,2.8
Dell XT2 > Touchscreen Laptop
Dell 755 > Desktop
Acer 150 > Desktop
I am who I am. Your approval is not needed.

Bluetooth IOgear with i-sound headset
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 05:56:46 PM »

ihinkican

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hi
I am having an issue with bluetooth..device added successfully but failed to connect

installed linuxlite 2.6 x64 and  updated

the bluetooth iogear gbu521w6 and the headset i-sound BT-2500

lsusb
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0a5c:21e8 Broadcom Corp. BCM20702A0 Bluetooth 4.0

lsmod
bluetooth             391136  22 bnep,btusb,rfcomm

I found this post

long short after reboot the computer never reached the desktop...

after reinstall and update I edited /etc/bluetooth/audio config as posted

[General]

Disable = Socket         ...............added these two lines as did not see an enable item or any unhashed item similar.

HFP=false.....changed from default true to false

[A2DP]
SBCSources=1
MPEG12Sources=0   .......unhashed these three items

I skipped the update as already up to date and the bluemon, pavucontrol and pulse-audio-bluetooth appear to already be installed

When the first attemp failed I suspected as the post is from 2014 that the updates were already included and created a new problem

I added fw-0a5c_21e8.hcd to /lib/firmware and rebooted.....device added successfully but failed to connect

is the iogear no longer out of box goodness for linux?

is the i-sound headset not linux friendly? it works with all the other devices but I got it for this unit,

do I need a different firmware? where and how would I do that

do I actually need the ppa source added and to update blueman,pavucontrol and pulse-audio-bluetooth...doing so appears to be a problem

It was evidently a nice fix in july 2014 but does it still apply?

likely something simple but I am at a loss

Thanks for reading

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:06:53 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section