You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Issue with drag and drop and searching

Author (Read 11690 times)

Re: Issue with drag and drop and searching
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 08:00:05 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Drunk woman says to her husband after she drives her new car into the trash cans by the fence:
"We bought every option there is on this car. It has a backup view camera. Where the hell is the front view camera?"
Husband replies laughing:
"YOU are the front view camera!"

TC 
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 09:59:28 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 06:42:30 PM »

arky217

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Pentium Gold G5400

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD Graphics 610

When you have a bunch of pics on your desktop, and you highlight all of them and try to drag them to a folder on the desktop.. IT JUST OPENS ALL PHOTOS IN ONE BIG BUNCH INSTEAD OF PUTTING THEM INTO THE FOLDER..
  YOU NEED TO FIX THAT.

NEXT PAIN IN THE ASS..
 WHEN YOU SEARCH FOR SOMETHING, AND YOU GET A SEARCH RESULTS WINDOW , WITH ITEMS IN IT.. YOU CANT DO ANYTHING WITH THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
 YOU CANT COPY THEM, YOU CANT DELETE THEM, YOU CANT MOVE THEM...
WHAT THE HELL GOOD IS A SEARCH IF YOU CANT USE THE RESULTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIRD PAIN IN THE ASS.. IM TRACKING IT DOWN.. WILL LET YOU KNOW..

Running Linux Lite 4.6; both of those operations work perfectly for me.

Issue with drag and drop and searching
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 04:07:45 PM »

yankeesamurai

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
When you have a bunch of pics on your desktop, and you highlight all of them and try to drag them to a folder on the desktop.. IT JUST OPENS ALL PHOTOS IN ONE BIG BUNCH INSTEAD OF PUTTING THEM INTO THE FOLDER..
  YOU NEED TO FIX THAT.

NEXT PAIN IN THE ASS..
 WHEN YOU SEARCH FOR SOMETHING, AND YOU GET A SEARCH RESULTS WINDOW , WITH ITEMS IN IT.. YOU CANT DO ANYTHING WITH THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
 YOU CANT COPY THEM, YOU CANT DELETE THEM, YOU CANT MOVE THEM...
WHAT THE HELL GOOD IS A SEARCH IF YOU CANT USE THE RESULTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIRD PAIN IN THE ASS..
THE TASKBAR ICON TO AUDIO MIXER OPENS IT..  THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 YOU CANT CHANGE VOLUME LEVEL !!!!!!!!!!!!   WHAT THE HELL GOOD IS IT IF YOU CANT CHANGE THE VOLUME LEVEL .. ITS A PIECE OF JUNK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   IT DOESNT WORK...

YOU KNOW.. IM JUST A USER.. BEEN USING LINUX FOR 20 YEARS..  BUT IVE FOUND MORE  SCREWUPS IN A WEEK OF USING THIS THAN YOUR SO CALLED EXPERTS HAVE SINCE ITS RELEASE... 

PERSONALLY.. I THINK LINUX LITE IS THE MOST SUPERB LINUX AVAILABLE.. IVE USED THEM ALL.. I KEEP UP ON NEW DISTROS..
MOST OF THEM ARE JUNK BECUASE THEY WERE JUNK TO START WITH.. SOME OF THEM ARE EXCECPTIONAL.. WELL DONE.. BUT THEIR THE SAME OLD THING ALL THE TIME..JUST NEW BUGGY REHASH OF THE ONE THEY DIDNT FIX BEFORE..

TELL ME..JUST HOW SMART IS IT TO KEEP ROLLING OUT NEW DISTROS WHEN EVERY ONE YOUVE RELEASED BEFORE IS BUGGY AS HELL...   RIGHT...UH HUH.... DUMP AS DIRT..THATS WHAT...

WHAT I SEE IN LINUX LITE IS INTELLIGENCE... SMARTS.. ITS DOING SOME THINGS DIFFERENTLY...BETTER.. IT SURPASSES EVEN LINUX MINT.. AND LDME .. LDME 2 WAS THE PINNACLE OF GREAT LINUX..  THEN THEY SCREWED IT UP WITH LDME 3.. TOTAL PIECE OF BUGGY JUNK...
 WHY DO THAT WHEN YOU COULD JUST FIX THE SMALL AMOUNT OF REMAINING BUGS IN VER 2 AND HAVE A OUTSTANDING OS..
BECAUSE THEIR... STUPID...

LINUX LITE HAS SOME SERIOUS USER FEATURE FLAWS.. IVE STARTED POINTING THEM OUT HERE... YOU CANT HAVE USER FEATURE FLAWS...WHEN ALMOST EVERY OTHER LINUX GETS THEM RIGHT...  IT MAKES YOU LOOK STUPID AND FRUSTRATES THE END USER..

I MEAN.. CANT USE SEARCH RESULTS.. REALLY....OMG..  DUMB AS DIRT.. CANT ADJUST VOLUME WITH THE AUDIO MIXER.. WHICH BY THE WAY IS A TRAIN WRECK OF DESIGN.. IT FRIGGIN SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!   WHOEVER DESIGNED THAT NEEDS TO BE STAKED OUT TO AN ANT BED... 
  STOP TRYING TO MAKE THINGS THAT ARE SIMPLE, BROKEN UN USEABLE AND OVERLY COMPLICATED...  THATS STUPID...
JUST PUT THE STD ALSA MIXER OR WHATEVER YOU USING BACK ...GET RID OF THAT CRAP MIXER...

FIX THE DAM SEARCH RESULTS SO YOU CAN COPY CUT PASTE MOVE OR DELETE THEM...  IT WORKS IN EVERY OTHER LINUX..

PERHAPS YOUR NOT USED TO SOMEONE COMING HERE AND KICKING YOUR ASS... WELL TOUGH.. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND DO THINGS RIGHT.. AND YOU WOULDNT HAVE IT... 

TELL ME..HOW HARD IS IT TO USE AN OS FOR A COUPLE WEEKS BEFORE YOU PUT IT OUT...AND FIND CRAP LIKE THESE..

SEEMS PRETTY EASY TO ME...

NOW INSTEAD OF FLAMING ME..GO FIX YOUR BROKEN CRAP.. AND YOU WONT GET CRITIZED..

G'DAY

FOUND ANOTHER ONE !!!!!!!!
 ON DESKTOP... TRASH  HOME AND NETWORK ICONS ARE PRESENT..  IF YOU OPEN DESKTOP SETTINGS.. ICONS... THEY ARE UN CHECKED !!!!!!!!!!!   THEY SHOULDNT BE THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEZZZZZZZZUS  ...REALLY.... EVEN JUNK LIKE LUBUNTU GETS THAT RIGHT
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 12:51:21 PM by yankeesamurai »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section