You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Installation failed

Author (Read 3262 times)

Installation failed
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 08:54:17 AM »

franco-jyq

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hello, i tried to dual boot windows 7 and linux lite in my hp all in one omni 120. At first i had this problem "No EFI system partition was found". So i search in some forums and the solution was creating an Efi partition (256MB). After this linux lite started the installation but at some point it fails and show this error: “executing grub-install dev/sda failed" "fatal error".
Again looking for a solution ive reached this website that says enter in live mode and execute some commands in the terminal to solve it, the problem is that when i tried to launch in live mode it "crashes" and shows the entire screen in one color and start switching colors in loop.
The other problem is that i cant boot in windows because the bootable option doesn't appear anymore in the Bios.
Images: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1y7CvXYUI9A2IuJXk9ioWdc6O7HC9zBtn?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 06:01:05 PM by firenice03 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section