You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Installing updates failure when clicking menu to install updates

Author (Read 2210 times)

Installing updates failure when clicking menu to install updates
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 03:25:18 PM »

kat

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 800MHz cache size 256kb fpu (yes)

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA Corp. C67 Geforce 7150/nForce 630m
Hi,  I've had the new LTS 5.0 Linux-Lite since it came out. The below warning happens when I turn on the computer and go right to menus > install updates to see if there are any updates. BUT, a few minutes later, there will be a notice on the top right of my screen to install updates which fades out after a few seconds. After that notice, going to menu and checking for updates works. So, it looks like there are two, whatever you call them, looking for updates at the same time, and one bumps off the other. So how does that get fixed? *When I first installed the new installation, I typed in the terminal, "sudo apt-get update". Maybe that screwed something up at first.                                                                                                                                                                     Thanks, Karen
=========== Log ===========
Reading package lists...
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock. It is held by process 1913 (apt-get)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 01:23:38 PM by kat »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section