Hardware - Support > Start up and Shutdown

EXTREMELY slow boot

(1/2) > >>

f23948:

--- Quote from: Jerry on May 05, 2023, 06:26:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: f23948 on May 05, 2023, 10:48:45 AM ---i did switched from Linux Lite to other Linux distro and it boots 2 seconds!

--- End quote ---

Could you show me a video of this 2 second boot, that would be awesome to see. Thank you.

--- End quote ---

vint:
Howdy,
I read a lot of these on Linux Lite forum over the past 2 years, I dual boot W7hp with Linux Lite 5.8 on a Compaq Presario CQ56 4 GB of ram 320 GB WD HDD.  My boot time is and has been since downloading Linux Lite with everything eliminated from the boot up that could be removed 1:35, it gives me time to make a cup of coffee in the Keurig, so if you have an old machine with a HDD that might be the problem.  I'm just a user and not a Linux Lite or computer hardware or software expert.

Jerry:

--- Quote from: f23948 on May 05, 2023, 10:48:45 AM ---i did switched from Linux Lite to other Linux distro and it boots 2 seconds!

--- End quote ---

Could you show me a video of this 2 second boot, that would be awesome to see. Thank you.

f23948:
i did switched from Linux Lite to other Linux distro and it boots 2 seconds!

stevef:
Moved post to Start Up and Shutdown section.

There's a general guide at this link on what can contribute to startup time and how to investigate.

https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/start-up-and-shutdown/slow-boot-times-in-linux-lite/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version