You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Bug with the installer for 6.0

Author (Read 6218 times)

Re: Bug with the installer for 6.0
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 03:55:19 AM »

Ralph Bromley

• Blue Bunny from outer space
  • New to Forums
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-3230M

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

• Kernel: 5.x
Yeah figured it might have something to do with the MX live USB maker, it usually handles other distributions quite well but maybe it creates an error of some kind somewhere, who knows.

Re: Bug with the installer for 6.0
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 03:19:54 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

Clicking on 'Install Now' on the greeter (Lite Welcome I assume you are referring to) works here no problems on hardware. The same for the Desktop icon. This is always tested prior to release. Thanks for the report.

Bug with the installer for 6.0
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 09:25:36 PM »

Ralph Bromley

• Blue Bunny from outer space
  • New to Forums
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-3230M

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Hello folks, I'm new here and had encountered a bug when installing the latest version of Linux lite.
It happens only when I tried to install Lite 6.0  when hitting the "Install linux lite" via the greeter, it doesn't do it with the standalone installer.
Basically, the installer hangs and does nothing.
It works when I hit the installer icon on Linux Lites live desktop, but it seems to bug out when I do it via the greeter.
It's not a dealbreaker, but it did trip me up.
I am using a live USB, MD5 checks out and I used the MX linux USB creation tool.
I mean the bug could be because of the latter, I usually use etcher or unetbootin but had MX linux installed on this machine so used its in built USB creation tool.
I was just curious on how well linux lite would perform on my old gal of a laptop compared to MX linux 21 XFCE, here are its base specs if you are interested:

Computer model: HP ProBook 6470b
CPU: Intel Core i5-3230M @ 4x 3.2GHz (dual core with hyper threading)
GPU: Mesa Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
RAM: 8 GB
Kernel: 5.15.0-33-generic
Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB HDD + Kingston 250 SSD(I have a caddy that converted a DVD drive into a hard drive bay)
So yeah she's a circa 2013 lappy that I put linux on, shes doing pretty good for her age.

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 03:24:09 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section