You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Minimalist LinuxLite desktop on old Ideapad

Author (Read 28051 times)

Re: Minimalist LinuxLite desktop on old Ideapad
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 10:38:41 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
This is wonderfully creative. Color coded panel icons would be quite covenient when a teaching situation involves a language barrier. Very nicely done.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Minimalist LinuxLite desktop on old Ideapad
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 09:18:05 AM »

pilpintu

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3050 @ 1.60GHz

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Integrated Graphics Controller
Hello! I installed LinuxLite on an old Ideapad 300S. Here's my minimalist desktop.

The wallpaper is here: https://wallpaperscraft.com/wallpaper/angle_architecture_facade_124253

I replaced the panel icons with plain circles whose colors match the programs.

Yellow is the menu:

Cyan is the file explorer:

Orange is Firefox (installed from a PPA):

Red is Textmaker word processor:

Brown is Synaptic package manager, and black is the terminal:

The rest of the indicators (network, volume, etc) are on a second, hidden panel on the right.

My laptop's specs:

I am amazed at how fast LinuxLite runs with such limited resources! Everything works perfectly! Even Netflix runs smoothly on Firefox and Chrome. Amazing!

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section