Customization > Screenshots

Linux Lite with the MATE Desktop

<< < (5/6) > >>

rijnsma:
Tiny question:
Has MATE in LLite the same problems with icons on the desktop than XFCE had (which made me wait for some  period with this very good distro)?

altman:
Lol , nice looks like a Mint/LL Edition to me .

Coastie:

--- Quote from: Jerry on December 30, 2014, 08:12:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Coastie on December 30, 2014, 11:40:52 AM ---
I hope Linux Lite does not give up XFCE!

--- End quote ---

Not a chance! The current focus on LL is providing easy to use software from within an easy to use DE, we've won over many Windows users with this approach, just look at our Feedback for vindication of this approach. K.I.S.S. do the basics well, and stick to the game plan :)

--- End quote ---

8)

Jerry:

--- Quote from: Coastie on December 30, 2014, 11:40:52 AM ---
I hope Linux Lite does not give up XFCE!

--- End quote ---

Not a chance! The current focus on LL is providing easy to use software from within an easy to use DE, we've won over many Windows users with this approach, just look at our Feedback for vindication of this approach. K.I.S.S. do the basics well, and stick to the game plan :)

anon222:

--- Quote from: Coastie on December 30, 2014, 11:40:52 AM ---I hope Linux Lite does not give up XFCE! Mate is not nearly as customizable as XFCE.  8)

--- End quote ---
Linux Lite will not give up XFCE. Mate is a very customizable DE. I could make mate look like LL.

--- Quote from: rokytnji on December 30, 2014, 12:07:10 PM ---I used to do the same thing playing around in AntiX 11 base Fluxbox with Mate, when it was young, and RazorQT also.
Just to show members it was possible if one wished.
In Debian.
http://i43.tinypic.com/161kz78.jpg

--- End quote ---
Yes Rok , just playing around. :)
I think Mate is preety good DE especially 1.8.1. It's stable fast and it doesn't take much ram. It runs well on LL.
I wish we had more people in dev team to make several LL editions. Xfce as the main one and others as optional. Sometimes windows people get confused when there are several DEs.
Best whishes to LL and forum members. My last post in this year.
Happy New 2015.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version