Customization > Screenshots

Linux Lite with the MATE Desktop

<< < (3/6) > >>

Jerry:
Cheers Tim.

Sent from my Mobile phone using Tapatalk

timbuck2:
I support you distro's mission statement and usage of xfce for the DE.  It is lightweight and works great on older hardware and is highly configurable.  It is a great choice for what you have created here.  Thanks for your work.

I tried Linux Mint with its cinnamon DE and quickly shifted back to LL.  I have used linux extensively about 10 years ago, but still consider this distro the best all around for ease of use and for what it is targeted toward.

Jerry:
This operating system has one purpose. To introduce linux to people who haven't used it before.

I repeat, 'This operating system'...oh why bother.

There still seems to be many people who still don't understand this, despite being around for long enough. And because of arrogance, and or ignorance, they never will get it. Why would we spend hundreds of hours supporting another DE that has not had any time spent on it by our Dev's? It's tantamount to disrespect to ask me if I'll help you with another DE on Linux Lite. I support our software base, our DE and our custom software, that's all. I'm simply going to direct your attention to why, and leave it at that. If that is unacceptable, I don't care.

If you're going to try and counter-argue this message, then it's just more proof that you just don't get it. I don't apologize for being so direct here, after all this time, it seems the language needs to be clearer.

anon222:
It's hard to remember what was yesterday for lunch. This was four years ago with Linux Lite 2.0.
Probably changed something with Lightdm.

From my experiance people in the community think that if you install another desktop environment distro/respin breaks.
Some even say that if Gnome is installed then it's no longer that distro. Guys at antiX linux for example. :)
So if you install and use something that is taboo on the forums you most likely will not get support.

Christmas was yesterday and tomorrow is slava, and in sunday we wait for New Year. I will look into it some time after that.
Things have changed since then. Mate is now ported to Gtk3 and xfce4 is about 85% ported to Gtk3.

George S Rasmussen:

--- Quote from: misko_2083 on December 30, 2014, 11:25:43 AM ---Linux Lite 2.0 with MATE desktop and mint Menu.

Just an experiment.

--- End quote ---
Misko, thanks for the photos you posted with the Mate' desktop environment running on Linux Lite. I'd like to do the same. I've completely installed Mate' using Synaptic, but on reboot at the login screen there's no apparent option to select and run Mate' instead of Xfce in LL 4.2.

Any help you or anyone else might give so I can select the already installed Mate' desktop at login would be greatly appreciated. ..Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version