General > Release Announcements

Linux Lite 6.0 Final Released

<< < (5/7) > >>

snowfinch:
This is one of the most straightforward, clear, complete and easy-to-follow pages on an operating system and how to install it, if not the most, that I have ever come across. Thank you!

Going to give this OS a bash on an old Toshiba Satellite A-200 with 3GB RAM and which came loaded with (sick bags at the ready...) Windows Vista. This laptop served me for years as a social media coordinator, and has run anything from Puppy Linux to Zorin to Q4 Centaurus and Windows 7 and 10 (the latter which runs surprisingly well). Currently running a dual boot of Windows 10 and Linux Mint 20.1, so it will be interesting to see how Linux Lite compares.

Jerry:
Open a separate support thread for your gdebi issue. It will be related only to you, it's working perfectly normal here. Cheers.

shamu:
Thanks Jerry, I did find this article myself later on, installed Grub Customizer, but it didn't work like it did in LL 5. I was able to change the boot order, but it did not pick up my background (PNG)image. I put it in both- boot/grub/themes and usr/share/backgrounds. Not sure what the right folder to put it...
I also tried Lightgdm settings, it didn't work either.
Gdebi: when I do update in terminal, it says two pkgs can be upgraded. So I do upgrade, then it says gdebi, gdebi-core held back. In Synaptic I try to reinstall them, it says fix broken pkgs first, then I get a "missing pendency" error. I'm not very good at these things, but it would be nice to have Gdebi.
Thank you for your reply! 

Jerry:

--- Quote from: shamu on June 16, 2022, 04:01:01 PM ---Hi, I just installed LL6.0, two things:
1: Gdebi is broken, and Synaptic can't reinstall it, is there any fix for it?
2: Grub Customizer is not in repository, how to get it?
Thank you

--- End quote ---

1. That's a little vague. What do you mean 'broken'. Please outline the steps, or it can't be addressed properly.
2. Grub Customizer is not supported yet in the 22.04 base - https://askubuntu.com/questions/1404445/grub-customizer-missing-from-ubuntu-22-04 PPA - https://launchpad.net/%7Edanielrichter2007/+archive/ubuntu/grub-customizer

shamu:
Hi, I just installed LL6.0, two things:
1: Gdebi is broken, and Synaptic can't reinstall it, is there any fix for it?
2: Grub Customizer is not in repository, how to get it?
Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version